Llanberis Resoles - Covid update.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 torquil 16 Jan 2021

358778.jpg

Just thought I'd post a quick update here to let everyone know that we are staying open throughout lockdown.

Posting shoes in hasn't changed but if you want to drop-off/collect then V12 is closed so you need to drop-off at the workshop. Please fill in the order form on the website and bring a copy of that with you and you can drop-off at the door (you can't come in at the moment). It's worth ringing to check someone is there as we aren't working full time.

The new workshop is up and running, we are now above V12, up the outdoor stairs on the side of the chapel. When we are back on non-Covid terms you are welcome to drop by and say hello.

Turnaround is quick at the moment, probably 1-2 weeks.

I hope everyone is staying sane despite closed climbing walls and travel restrictions!

Thanks - Torquil.

https://www.llanberisresoles.com

Post edited at 10:45
 GDes 16 Jan 2021
In reply to torquil:

Got mine back from you this week thanks. They look good as new! Very impressed. I'll be sending more in soon 

Cobra_Head 17 Jan 2021
In reply to torquil:

Are you still not resoling, if they've been done before, by someone else?

BattyMilk 18 Jan 2021
In reply to torquil:

Maybe not the proper place to ask but can you resole Sportiva TX4s?

Ta

OP torquil 19 Jan 2021
In reply to Cobra_Head:

> Are you still not resoling, if they've been done before, by someone else?

It depends where they were done first time and what they had done. If the rands have been done already then probably not but if it’s just the sole then I might be able to - send me an email with details and some photos and I can let you know. 

torquil@llanberisresoles.com 

OP torquil 19 Jan 2021
In reply to BattyMilk:

> Maybe not the proper place to ask but can you resole Sportiva TX4s?

I’ve not been doing any approach shoes for a couple of years now but I’m thinking of starting again now I’m set up in the new workshop. It’s unlikely to be in the next month though as rubber orders aren’t arriving from Italy at the moment and I’ll need new rubber to start approach shoes again. 

Tx4s would be doable when I have the rubber though. Keep an eye on the website and I’ll put up a post here when I’m doing them again. 

Cobra_Head 19 Jan 2021
In reply to torquil:

> It depends where they were done first time and what they had done. If the rands have been done already then probably not but if it’s just the sole then I might be able to - send me an email with details and some photos and I can let you know. 

> torquil@llanberisresoles.com 

I've just had three pairs done, for the third time, but never got in touch with you because of your message about not doing work after others.

Thanks for the reply though.

Alex@home 20 Jan 2021
In reply to torquil:

Stunning service as always. Just got my shoes back 48 hours after paying the invoice. Thank you

Gabe Oliver 20 Jan 2021
In reply to torquil:

Hey Torquil, used your service in the past and always super impressed. Was just wondering why you aren't accepting 5.10 resoles anymore? Cheers!

OP torquil 20 Jan 2021
In reply to Gabe Oliver:

> Hey Torquil, used your service in the past and always super impressed. Was just wondering why you aren't accepting 5.10 resoles anymore? Cheers!

Right now I’m happy to take 5.10s as things are pretty quiet. In non-COVID (ie busy) times, I cut out 5.10s as they really dont resole as well as other makes, there are a few exceptions but most of the ones I see (Anasazis, Teams, Hiangles, Dragons) tend to go very soft and not keep their shape well so they are bit of a pain to do. They are still doable but I’d always advise catching them a bit earlier than other shoes if you want a 5.10 resole to come back well, preferably before the point when they need the rand doing. 

OP torquil 20 Jan 2021
In reply to Alex@home:

>  Just got my shoes back 48 hours after paying the invoice.

That’s possibly the only upside of no one being allowed to go climbing!! 

kevin stephens 20 Jan 2021
In reply to torquil:

My original whites resolved really well, despite a few tidal washes when I left them at LPT and your help in getting them back to me , one at a time! I hope you’re not too disheartened missing your skiing season? We can all look forward to catching up next year

Gabe Oliver 20 Jan 2021
In reply to torquil:

Ok thanks. I'll drop you a message to get my discontinued Verdons in. Cheers 

OP torquil 21 Jan 2021
In reply to kevin stephens:

>  I hope you’re not too disheartened missing your skiing season? 

Luckily the North Wales ski season has been good this year, snow on the hills again today! 

OP torquil 23 Jan 2021

Just to confirm, I am doing Fivetens at the moment. I have Stealth C4 and Mi6 rubber to use or either of the usual Vibram rubbers, XS Edge or XS Grip2. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...