Improve your climbing in France's Yosemite!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Lou Kennedy 27 Apr 2018

309662.jpg

Improve your climbing - with great coaching from famous climbers, yoga and movement workshops for flexibility and injury prevention, tasty homemade organic fuel, massage for tired muscles and kayaking, hiking for 'rest days'.

All in the stunning Ecrins National park, France - home to amazing bouldering, long multi-pitch classics and single pitch routes on various rock types.

Join us at Alpine Fix this summer to improve your climbing and have fun doing it!

Still not sold?

Did we mention coaching from famous sponsored climbers including legend Pete Robins and greek goddess Argyro Papathanasiou? Oh and blue sky, lots of blue sky and sunshine!!

Not a yogi?

No need to worry, classes are optional but you definitely want to try it at least once. Quite a few climbing walls offer yoga classes now for good reason - they work well together!

Partner not a climber?

If you're a couple looking for a summer holiday together, our retreats are perfect. There's a combination of other activities - daily yoga, kayaking, hiking, trail running, swimming, sitting in the sunshine etc. so no need to go away on a climbing holiday solo.

Visit us to get your www.alpinefix.com!

rocksol 27 Apr 2018
In reply to Lou Kennedy:

From experience I would have thought the Chamonix area has the best mountain granite climbing in the Alps

OP Lou Kennedy 28 Apr 2018
In reply to rocksol:

Chamonix is of course home to climbing in the Alps, but there is lots to discover here too - generally with better weather and less people. No cable cars though so you have to make the effort on foot to get up high. They're both incredible venues, just one is very much more well known than the other

Doug 28 Apr 2018
In reply to Lou Kennedy:

Much as I love the Ecrins, the comparison to Yosemite seems a little bizarre.

OP Lou Kennedy 28 Apr 2018
In reply to Doug:

https://amp.theguardian.com/travel/2015/jan/20/best-climbing-areas-europe-i...

The emphasis is on it being a good learning ground for multi-pitch adventures which I think it is. 

And I've taken creative licence with a short headline to capture attention

rocksol 01 May 2018
In reply to Lou Kennedy:

I agree there is loads of good climbing there and I,ve done lots of rock climbing  in the area at a time when there was also Summer ice. (Solo of couloir chaud), but Cham has peerless granite in a much more impressive venue than the valley

jon 04 May 2018

> And I've taken creative licence with a short headline to capture attention

You're not kidding. I'm sure you clients will be thrilled.

LeeWood 05 May 2018
In reply to rocksol:

Catchy title - pulled my attention  

>  Cham has peerless granite in a much more impressive venue than the valley

Cham is known for its multi pitch routes - at altitude, but does it have quality interest on sports crags ? I imagine the basis of these proposed holidays would be single pitch,  and in a scenic setting a fine basis  for a relaxed trip far from the madding crowd. 

rocksol 18 May 2018
In reply to LeeWood:

Cham does have single pitch climbs in most areas, but you are correct, Ecrins if not quite as good quality wise, is easier access and probably allows more climbs to be achieved. Currently the days of working hard for something seem to be gone, sacrificed for convenience. (No I don't mean red pointing). But I'm biased as I love the high mountains. The actual climb is just a part of it and that's probably why I never seem to get much done in Kaly, just the odd 7a flash, but years down the line I clearly remember the trad routes. I don't even record the sports climbs I do.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...