FS archetypal climbing wagen - 2011 Octavia

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Arquata1 07 Feb 2019

I was pleased to pass my Passat onto a fellow climber (thanks Attila) and after three years we are now selling the replacement, our trusty 2011 Octavia Estate. We now need a 4x4 and I will be right sad to see the Octavia go. Huge space for gear, motorway muncher. and most of the miles have been to Switzerland to climb and ski. It's the bombproof 1.9tdi manual, which VAG technicians rate as the best VAG engine. It regularly returns over 60mpg in extra-urban - making 700-800 miles per tank. It's been maintained regardless of cost, and is on interval service, which protects the engine far better than the variable service. It's silver, and has the Elegance pack - alloys, tints, leather steering wheel, lights washers, foglights, CD multichanger. and other nice bits. We've really looked after the interior. I've scanned ads to get an idea of price and can't believe the vast range of prices from just below 4,000 for ratty examples to silly prices North of 6,500. I've contacted our Skoda tech and they say 4,500. So 4,500 it is. I can send photos - it will be wearing black steel rims and winter tyres in the pics - the Summer alloys are washed and stacked on their tree in the workshop. Text me on 0770 250 5256 if interested - car is located near Cambridge. Mileage is just above 100k and all cambelt changes have had water pump replacement as per VAG recommendation.

Post edited at 17:38
Arquata1 07 Feb 2019

Just a few more details. The bodywork is free of stone chips and the windscreen has no scratches or chips; there are none of those silly dents or dings when other people open their car door into yours. It's got heated wing mirrors which are a boon in the winter. We've really looked after the car and it is a really nice example, inside and out. One owner before us, plus the supplying garage. The car lived in Kent and then in Cambridge, so it has not been subject to loads of urban stop start - and with Cambridge being dead flat, no endless hill starts.  

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...