Climbed (or even attempted) Cenotaph Corner?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Perhaps you can you help us celebrate this awesome route if so!

The 24th of August sees the anniversary of the first ascent of Cenotaph Corner, a strong contender for the most famous route in Wales if not the entire British Isles. First climbed by Joe Brown himself and Doug Belshaw in 1952 - 70 years ago!

We would like to pop together a little collection of photos + stories (good or bad!) from those who have climbed (or even attempted to climb) this route to celebrate it.

• If you have just an image to share that’s great.
  • If you just want to send over a few sentences of your experience/thoughts on the route then that’s also great.
  • If you have both - even more great!

Please email Helen - marketing@hookedongranite.com with any of the above. Hopefully we can collect some great shots and stories of this route to put together!

Feel free to include any social @username if you’d like to be tagged in any posts we make.

THANK YOU!
Joe Browns.

Please note: Your email/details will NOT be added to any promotional marketing we, Hooked on Granite, operate.

Derek Furze 29 Jul 2022
In reply to Joe Browns/The Climbers Shop:

This is a lovely idea.  Sadly, I've never been on it!

In reply to Derek Furze:

Thanks and that's alright - no problem! Maybe soon!

Duncan Bourne 29 Jul 2022

Sent you a piece

Davvers 02 Aug 2022

Brilliant route, fell off it three times at the crux (but got there in the end!), had a good chat with three guys sitting on the ledge of Cemetery Gates ??

Sadly no pictures

topee 10 Aug 2022

Intimadated by its reputation never put foot on the route until quite late in my climbing career. Geared up at the bottom, silence between my second and I until he said “see you the top”. Stormed up the route, as did my second. Tear-in my eye at the top.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...