Brush up your first aid - Bristol

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 ron244 23 Jan 2013
premier post photo
Three courses designed to help you know what to do in an emergency.
First Aid for Climbers. 3 Tuesday evenings: 12, 19 & 26 Feb 2013
19:00 to 21:30 at St Werburgh's Community Centre BS2 9TJ. Cost £60

Outdoor Pursuits first aid course (16 hour award) Wednesday and Thursday 20 & 21 Feb 2013 Bristol Venue. Cost £120

Outdoor Pursuits first aid course (8 hour award) Saturday 16 March 2013 09:00 to 17:00 Goblin Combe Environment Centre BS49 4PQ. Cost £65. For climbers, walkers, mountain bikers etc.

All courses lead to a HSE recognised outdoor pursuits first aid certificate.

Find out more
http://frenchayfirstaid.co.uk/courses/outdoor-pursuits-first-aid/
info@frenchayfirstaid.co.uk or phone Ron on 07703965700

(photo http://flickr.com/photos/tomsly)
 sealong2 27 Jan 2013
In reply to ron244: Hi Ron, are there any spaces left on the 1 day course on 16th March? If so I would like to book please.

Thanks,
OP ron244 29 Jan 2013
In reply to ron244: Thanks for your interest, there are still spaces available. I've been in contact so we can book your place.
 bpmclimb 29 Jan 2013
In reply to ron244:

Hi. I'm interested in the 20/21 Feb course (I assume it's the right sort to supplement SPA). Are there any places available? Thanks, Brian.
jenks580 29 Jan 2013
In reply to ron244:
Do you do a 1st aid at work, if so when and how much?
Bingers 29 Jan 2013
In reply to ron244:
> All courses lead to a HSE recognised outdoor pursuits first aid certificate.

I'm sure its a good course, but in the interests of accuracy, there is no such thing as as an HSE recognised outdoor pursuits first aid certificate. At the moment (until April 5th) the HSE only approve First Aid at Work and Emergency First Aid at Work courses and will continue to set the guidelines by which these courses should be run.

I'm guessing that passing this course will give you an Emergency First Aid at Work certificate as well as the outdoor pursuits first aid certificate.
OP ron244 30 Jan 2013
In reply to Bingers: Hi, you are of course correct, HSE only approve the two. This course gives you the EFAW + the outdoor first aid. It will be interesting to see how things change in April when the QCF led qualifications come in.
OP ron244 30 Jan 2013
In reply to jenks580: Hi, I'm not running a FAW until April. If you need one before then, may I recommend either St John's or the Red Cross. If you want me to put you onto my mailing list I can let you know the dates in April when I firm up the venues.

Cheers,

Ron
OP ron244 30 Jan 2013
In reply to bpmclimb: Hi, yes I do have some spaces left, and it has the elements required for the SPA. Drop me a note on info@frenchayfirstaid.co.uk
Bingers 30 Jan 2013
In reply to ron244:
> (In reply to jenks580) may I recommend either St John's or the Red Cross.

I wouldn't unless you like sitting and listening, not doing.

Ron, if you want to offer recognised first aid qualifications post-HSE, talk to ITC - they are an Ofqual and SQA approved Awarding Organisation and have the only Outdoor First Aid qualification on the national framework, as well as access to all the other usual QCF first aid qualifications.
 bpmclimb 01 Feb 2013
In reply to ron244:
> (In reply to bpmclimb) Hi, yes I do have some spaces left, and it has the elements required for the SPA. Drop me a note on info@frenchayfirstaid.co.uk

Hi - did you get my mail? I'd like to book a place on that course. Brian 07939 007122
Thanks
OP ron244 02 Feb 2013
In reply to Bingers: hi, thanks for the tip, I've made contact and I'm looking to work with them. Much appreciated. Ron

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...