Brian Hall Lecture: Plas Y Brenin - 29th October

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Brian Hall joins us on the Saturday evening of our Expedition Event to recall the outrageous adventures of eleven of his climbing friends who risked, and too often lost, their lives to stand on some of the world’s highest peaks at a turning point in mountaineering history. The golden age of Himalayan mountaineering, from the mid-1970s to the ‘80s, brought forth a generation of radical young climbers. With tiny budgets and high ambitions, they pioneered small-scale, Alpine-style expeditions on mountains such as Jannu, Nuptse, Everest, and K2.

About Brian Hall
Climbing exploits worldwide led Brian Hall to become an internationally certified mountain guide who provides extreme location safety and rigging for the film industry. His numerous credits include the BAFTA award-winning film Touching the Void. Between 1980 and 2008, he co-directed the Kendal Mountain Film Festival of which he is a founder. Brian and his wife, Louise, divide their time between the UK’s Peak District and New Zealand’s Southern Alps.

There will be a book signing straight after the lecture.

High Risk will be available to purchase on the evening or from our shops in advance.

Published by Sandstone Press.

Proudly supported by Mountain Equipment.

Event Details:

• When: Saturday 29th October 2022
  • Start: 7:00pm

Tickets £5 with proceeds going to Community Action Nepal.

Tickets purchased online will be available to collect on the evening, please bring a copy of your online receipt with you.

This evening is all part of our Expedition Event being held over the weekend of 29th - 30th October. Based out of Joe Browns in Capel Curig, we will have a whole heap of expedition chat and workshops (inside and out) going on. For full details click here.

Tickets Here

Dave Garnett 04 Oct 2022
In reply to Joe Browns/The Climbers Shop:

We had a bit of a preview from Brian on Sunday and it was a really thought-provoking and moving talk.  I'd definitely recommend it (and the book)  

So many familiar faces and names if, like me, you are of a certain generation.  Made me realise how lucky I've been. 

Linda Orritt 04 Oct 2022
In reply to Joe Browns/The Climbers Shop:

I’m enjoying reading this book. Candid honest, humorous and thought provoking with an insight into the climbing scene of the 70’s 

The talk is interesting and moving  and it’s 

great that the proceeds are going to Community Action  Nepal 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...