Books, Rare books and signatures for charity

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Linda Orritt 15 Oct 2022

All books are hardback and first editions in great condition- unless otherwise described.

M A Azema The Conquest of Fitzroy.    £18

George Band. Summit 150 yrs of the Alpine Club.     Signed by, John Porter, Stephen Venables and Paul Braithwaite.             £27

George Band.  Everest  signed by George Band, Sir Chris Bonington, Paul Braithwaite, Stephen Venables and Clive Rowland. (From the library of Jo Scarr).                           £57

Robert H Bates.  Five Miles High. Signed by Robert Bates.  ( extremely rare and expensive-sorry) First ed 1939. Owned-his name/signature in it- by C H Lawrence lll. £290

Sir Chris Bonington and Robin Knox Johnstone Sea Ice and Rock. Signed by Chris and Prev owners name in.                         £15

Sir Chris Bonington.  Ascent signed by Chris, Paul Braithwaite, John Porter, Paul Ross and Leo Houlding.          1st/3rd print.             £57

Sir Chris Bonington.   Ascent signed by Chris, Paul Braithwaite, Leo Houlding, Pertemba Sherpa, Ang Phurba, Stephen Venables and Paul Ross.                                                  £77

Martin Boysen.  Hanging On. Signed by Paul Braithwaite.                                                £20

Martin Boysen. Hanging On. Signed by Boysen, Braithwaite and Chris Bonington £37

Adrian and Alan Burgess. The Burgess Book of Lies.                                                            £37

Climb. Edited by KL and CM Burns. P/b. Paul Ross’s copy. Signed by Paul Ross.            £13

Tommy Caldwell. The Push.                        £23

The Black Cliff.  Crew, Soper Wilson. Signed by Paul Braithwaite.                                    £53

Steve Dean.  Colin Kirkus Hands of a Climber.
signed by Steve Dean.                                £15

Glen Denny  Valley Walls  stiff p/b  dedicated to Paul Ross and signed by Glen ( who sadly passed away this week)                              £37

Ed Douglas.  Statement the Ben Moon Story  signed by Ben Moon  brand new book       £15

Charles Evans  Kangchenjunga  The Untrodden Peak. signed by Norman Hardie, Tony Streather, John Clegg, Joe Brown, and George Band  from the library of Jo Scarr and her signature also in                                   £270

Ronald Faux  Everest Goddess of the Wind  multi signed - I got a bit giddy! Signed by  Bonington, Braithwaite, Boysen, Kenton Cool, Ranulph Fiennes, Brian Hall, Ian Parnell, Nims Purja, Vic Saunders, Stephen Venables and Ronald Faux                                                £43

Alison Fell  Mer de Glace  p/b signed by Alison and a previous Boardman Tasker winner                  £13

Heinrich Harrer.  The White Spider  1st edition, 2nd impression 1960  (my own v gd copy!)£37

Dougal Haston. The Philosophy of Risk - incudes a signed ( by Haston, Boysen, Pete Crew and Mick Burke) Cerro Torre postcard £49

Adrian Hayes  One Man’s Climb ex library hard to find hardback copy                                 £13

John Hunt  The Ascent of Everest p/b signed by Hunt                                                       £17

Owen Glynn Jones  Rock Climbing in the English Lake District 1973 reprint containing all the original photos etc                               £27

John Krakauer  Into Thin Air  signed by Krakauer                                                    £23

Reinhold Messner  my Quest for the Yeti  p/b signed by Messner                                    £13

Ian Mitchell  Scotland’s Mountains before the Mountaineers ( Ian co-wrote the BT winner A View From The Ridge in 1991) signed p/b £10

Jerry Moffatt  Mastermind   Brand new      £20

R Newcombe  guide bk Winter Climbs in North Wales  signed by Paul Braithwaite ( who is on the front cover)                                           £7

Tim Noble  Great v s Climbs in the Lake District   Paul Ross’s copy signed by Paul Ross    £23

Paul Nunn  At The Sharp End signed by Chris Bonington, Paul Braithwaite and Paul Ross £27

Cathy O’Dowd and Ian Woodall  Everest free to Decide p/b                                                    £12

Cathy O’Dowd   Just for the Love of It fine copy signed by Cathy                                  £19

Koichiro Ohmori  Over the Himalaya signed by Kenton Cool, Brian Hall, Ed Douglas, Chris Bonington, Paul Braithwaite, Jo Scarr and Vic Saunders. No DW                                         £32

Koichiro Ohmori. Over the Himalaya signed by Kenton Cool, Ed Douglas, Ian Parnell, Paul Braithwaite, Mick Fowler, Jo Scarr, Brian Hall, Chris Bonington, John Porter and Vic Saunders  ( has a dw)                                  £43

Jim Perrin  Shipton and Tillman                   £23

Jim Perrin  The Villain p/b signed by Jim to Niall ( Grimes) “in admiration and warmest good wishes Jim”                                         £23

Andy Pollitt  Punk in the Gym  Ed no 46, signed by Andy Pollitt ( who unfortunately passed away in 2019)                                   £43

Nimsdai Purja  Beyond Possible signed by Nims  (new book)                                          £34

Arthur Roth  Eiger Wall of Death                  £15

Richard Sale and George Rodway  Everest and Conquest in the Himalaya  Doug Scott’s copy signed “to Doug with many thanks and best wishes Richard Sale”                                   £27

Doug Scott   Kanchenjunga signed by CatherIne Moorhead  ( who edited it and who is writing Doug’s biography)                         £39

Doug Scott  Up and About  signed by Doug, Chris Bonington, Paul Braithwaite and Clive Rowland                                                       £57

Dr Alistair Sutcliffe  The Hardest Climb Doug’s copy and inscribed to  Doug by Sutcliffe   £25

Don Whillans Portrait of a Mountaineer signed by Doug Scott, Colin Mortlock  and Chris Bonington                                                   £67

John Player full set of 20 Everest Cigarette cards                                                           £57

The Times full colour Everest Supplement 1953 £37

Mont Blanc  brand new black and silver ballpoint pen ( rrp starts at £400) with box and paperwork                                                  £147

any questions or requests for photos please email me  I will help in any way I can  

postage costs not included and should be added

OP Linda Orritt 16 Oct 2022
In reply to Linda Orritt:

Everest George Band

Up and About Doug Scott and 

Valley Walls Glen Denny sold. Thank you. 

White Spider now sold. Thank you

Punk in the Gym now sold. Thank you

OP Linda Orritt 17 Oct 2022

Philosophy of Risk and signed postcard now sold. Thank you

DerekSmallwood 17 Oct 2022

Hi Linda, Could I take the Dougal Haston Philosophh if Risk with the signed card please ? Cheers, Derek 

OP Linda Orritt 18 Oct 2022
In reply to DerekSmallwood:

Hi Derek. I’ve mailed you. Thanks 

OP Linda Orritt 18 Oct 2022

Burgess book of lies

Ascent Bonington ( the dearer one at £77)

At the Sharp End Paul Nunn all now sold. 
thank you

OP Linda Orritt 21 Oct 2022

The Conquest of Fitzroy is now sold. 
Thank you

OP Linda Orritt 23 Oct 2022

Ascent ( at £57) now sold. Thank you

OP Linda Orritt 23 Oct 2022

Mistake made. This is still available 

OP Linda Orritt 24 Oct 2022

The Ascent of Everest John Hunt is now sold. Thank you. 

Ascent Chris Bonington ( at £57) is still available 

OP Linda Orritt 29 Oct 2022

If you see anything that you would like but it’s too expensive-please ask me about it? If I can lower the price I will. These books need to be turned into cash for Nepal if possible. 
if you’ve had a book and you’re happy with it please comment as it may help. 

The Black Cliff now sold. Thank you

Summit George Band

Everest Goddess of the Wind

Alison Fell Mer de Glace

Messner Quest for the Yeti

Just for the Love of it O’Dowd

Over the Himalaya Ohmori at £43

Perrin Shipton and Tillman 

The Villain Jim Perrin 

Nims Purja Beyond Possible 

Kangchenjunga Doug Scott

and Alistair Sutcliffe The Hardest Climb

are all now sold

Thank you very much. 

Rob Parsons 31 Oct 2022

Linda, it might be useful if you can post a (brief) summary of which books remain to be sold - it gets a little difficult keeping track on threads like this.

OP Linda Orritt 31 Oct 2022
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Thanks Rob. I’ll do it tomorrow morning. 

OP Linda Orritt 01 Nov 2022

Updated list:-

Five Miles High

Sea Ice and Rock

Ascent ( at £57)

Hanging On 

Hanging On

Climb

The Push

Hands of a Climber

Ben Moon/Statement 

Kangchenjunga

One Man’s Climb

Rock Climbing Lake District 

Into Thin Air

Scotlands Mountains

Mastermind

Winter Climbs in North Wales

Great vs Climbs in the Lake District 

Everest Free to Decide

Over the Himalaya 

Eiger Wall of Death

Everest and Conquest in the Himalaya 

Portrait of a Mountaineer

The Times Everest Supplement

The Everest cards

and The Mont Blanc ( beautiful!!) Ballpoint Pen

are all still available.
thank you.  

abcdefg 02 Nov 2022

> The Black Cliff now sold. Thank you

I received 'The Black Cliff' in the post this morning. The book is exactly as described, and the packaging was brilliant: that parcel could have been hit by a nuclear strike, and the book would have survived unscathed.

Thanks, Linda!

OP Linda Orritt 02 Nov 2022

If anyone would like to look at the dearer books or any book, before they buy. Please ask? I will be at Kendal mountain festival all weekend and can bring it/them along for you to look at. 

louiswain 02 Nov 2022

Book received in perfect order, as always - thanks so much, Linda!

Greenbanks 03 Nov 2022
In reply to abcdefg:

I'd second your comments. Meticulous packaging & books always per description. Added to this, a very flexible approach to purchase and delivery...and all in for an excellent charity.

OP Linda Orritt 04 Nov 2022
In reply to Rob Parsons:

Hi Rob, if you’re looking for something that isn’t in this list, please email me? I may well have it as I have many others waiting to be sold! 

Rob Parsons 04 Nov 2022

> Hi Rob, if you’re looking for something that isn’t in this list, please email me? I may well have it as I have many others waiting to be sold! 

Thanks Linda. Nothing specific right now but, if I do, I'll get in touch.

OP Linda Orritt 09 Nov 2022

This post expires on Saturday the 12th, if you are still thinking about something just mail me?

plus I can sell the Bates ‘Five Miles High’ for £270 and still make a little for CAN ( this book signed is normally £400 or more as it is very rare signed) 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...