24 Hour Badmintonathon

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Good morning all UKC users, I hope you are well.

I haven't done anything like this before so I hope this is the correct place to post this.

I am planning to do a charity event this Friday for Sport Relief, and two other charities.  Together with some other similar vintaged, should-know-better gentlemen, I plan to play badminton non stop for 24 hours from 7am Friday until the same times the following morning.  OK, so not 100% over the 24 hours but we will have a core team of 6 players playing doubles with various guests throughout the day and night coming along to play for the odd hour, to suppot us and to bring much needed supplies.  This is going to be very tough indeed!!

Whilst Sport Relief is in itself a very worthy cause, we will also be supporting a local hospice and, crucially, our local air ambulance service.  The latter service is particularly poingnant as they were scrambled to help a young boy and friend to all of our children.  On 23rd December 2017, Daniel didn't wake up from his sleep and whilst the air ambulance service did its best to revive him, he was sadly pronounced dead later that day due to a rare condition, aged 6 years.

I appreciate that you all get badgered for charitable donations but if you can spare a few pennies then please do so at:

https://www.justgiving.com/companyteams/24HoursDadmintonBadmintonathon

Thank you

Richard

p.s. please make reference to UKC in the comments so I can thank you personally.

Find out more...

Post edited at 08:03
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Thanks Deepsoup, that's very generous indeed.

Off to bed now. Up at 5 to prepare and set up. This is going to be tough.

13 hours in and still alive.  Pains are setting in.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...