Well Done Snowdon!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Trangia 11 Apr 2017
 gethin_allen 12 Apr 2017
In reply to Trangia:
And yet some people still treat the place like a rubbish dump.
https://m.facebook.com/snowdonwalks/photos/a.1454949138090279.1073741828.14...
Post edited at 08:10
OP Trangia 12 Apr 2017
In reply to gethin_allen:

Yes, that's a sad reflection on our species, but what about the view? Do you think it deserves to be No1?
In reply to Trangia:

The methodology is nonsense - far more people go to Snowdon than Skye or Torridon or Glencoe so Snowdon is always going to win.
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:
Correct, but I'm not going to complain

Such an award seems a bit strange to me. It's so subjective. It's like having an award for the best tasting sweetie...
Post edited at 11:34
OP Trangia 12 Apr 2017

> The methodology is nonsense - far more people go to Snowdon than Skye or Torridon or Glencoe so Snowdon is always going to win.

That's very true - still it's a very nice view
 Chris Harris 12 Apr 2017
OP Trangia 12 Apr 2017
 gethin_allen 12 Apr 2017
In reply to Trangia:

> Yes, that's a sad reflection on our species, but what about the view? Do you think it deserves to be No1?

No, because to enjoy a view you have to enjoy your surroundings IMO so there's no point sitting on a rubbish heap and looking outwards.
 Sean Kelly 13 Apr 2017

> The methodology is nonsense - far more people go to Snowdon than Skye or Torridon or Glencoe so Snowdon is always going to win.

Isn't it all to do with public access as in they have a car/railway to get to see that view. But I imagine that that if they had to actually walk or God forbid, climb to get to that view, we might actually see something more worthy as a winner. The view form Crib Goch is surely finer, but not so many can stand upon it's summit. And I am sure that most that arrive at lofty Snowdon's summit see nothing much at all!
My own personal favourite is this view but it obviously involves more effort than getting on a train...
http://inlingua-edinburgh.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/inlingua-Edinbur...
 Billhook 17 Apr 2017
In reply to Trangia:

I would imagine that it something to do with the fact that its probably the most visited summit? I'd guess only a tiny, tiny fraction of those visiting the top have ever been to other tops. Like tom- in Edinburgh says!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...