Wanted - Royalty Free stock images of outdoor activities?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Si Withington 05 Feb 2013
Hi

I am looking for Royalty Free stock images of the activities listed below. Technical quality (composition, exposure et al) is very important.

Any images containing people would need to be model-released where relevant.

If you have any work that you would like to offer up, then please contact me via UKC. Similarly, if you know of any photographer who hold this sort of stock, then please get in touch.

Cheers in advance,

Si

Activities are:

Top-rope rock climbing
Multi-pitch guided rock climbing
Ghyll scrambling
Practising navigation (map & compass work in the outdoors)
Scrambling (on the classic UK routes)
Hill walking
Rock climbing instruction (e.g. instructors hanging on ropes next to clients, etc)
Winter skills
 richprideaux 05 Feb 2013
In reply to siwithington:

To what end?
OP Si Withington 05 Feb 2013

Presumably you mean, 'what for'...? If so, they are to illustrate a website. Obviously I am looking to buy the images, not for a freebie.
 richprideaux 05 Feb 2013

Aha. In that case, sorry I can't help.
OP Si Withington 05 Feb 2013
In reply to richprideaux: No probs
OP Si Withington 06 Feb 2013

Anyone else want to make a few quid from their photography, then get in touch. Cheers, Si
 Alex Ekins 21 Feb 2013
Hi Si
I have some pictures of the subjects you listed. Email me if your interested.
Why Royalty Free?
Cheers
Alex
Wulfrunian 21 Feb 2013

I have a small selection, which you can see here:

http://tinyurl.com/ae3u4uw

All rights managed without releases, although can arrange them for ones with me missus in 'em. Any particular reason you want RF?

If you are interested in any, let me know - buy direct prices are much cheaper than Alamy!! Ta.
 gunbo 21 Feb 2013
In reply to siwithington: hi I have some of my shots on clan gunn photography in Facebook have a look and let me know if you like any.
 Milesy 21 Feb 2013

You could try looking through UKC images and contacting the owners to see if they would let you use them?

And I am sure model release is not aplicable to climbers in public places? UKC would have a field day with their image library.
 crimbo 21 Feb 2013
tryv www.sxc.hu thousands royaly free stock images, you may have to trawl a little bt they should have some of what you need
 Monk 22 Feb 2013
In reply to Milesy:
> (In reply to siwithington)

> And I am sure model release is not aplicable to climbers in public places?

It is if you want to use them for commercial purposes and the climber/walker is easily identifiable. In all likelihood, no-one will complain but a professional outfit wouldn't take that risk as it can cause huge expense if they have to redo all their materials.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...