Undeleting photos/video from an SD card- mac

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 haworthjim 26 Feb 2017
Hi all,
Has anyone successfully recovered deleted photos/video from their SD card?
Unfortunately my Mac died today and the very nice apple people have replaced it for me but last weeks photos from my Font trip didn't get uploaded to the icloud as the gites wi-fi was slow.
I used the same SD card everyday and uploaded the photos to the computer in the evening and then cleared the card with the camera the next day.
I've seen online and on the app store there is recovery software. Has anyone had any success with these and if so what did you use.
Any help would be very very gratefully received.
Cheers
Jim
 mrphilipoldham 26 Feb 2017
In reply to haworthjim:

If you cleared the card then there's a pretty large chance that you'll have overwritten the previous day's pictures on the next. That's not to say that you won't be able to recover some, however! Sandisk cards come with a recovery software, ask around if you know anyone who has bought one recently, or indeed buy one yourself!

Out of interest, what was it that died on your Mac? If it wasn't the hard drive then there should be no reason why you couldn't have whipped it out and copied the photographs off it on another machine.
OP haworthjim 26 Feb 2017
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

It is actually a Sandisk SD which I bought for the trip-will have a look online thankyou. The Mac was only 3 weeks old and it was some sort of power issue (worked absolutely fine yesterday but dead today) so they offered a replacement or I could have had it sent away to be fixed with a chance they would replace it anyway-so I opted for a new Mac with a hope I could recover the photos from the SD card- maybe I made a mistake.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 26 Feb 2017
In reply to haworthjim:

The card only overwrites previous images when it is full - so if it is a decent sized card they should still be there.

I have used Disc Warrior and Stellar Phoenix to recover deleted images,

Chris
OP haworthjim 26 Feb 2017
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Thanks chris that sounds promising as its a 64 gb card. will have a look-fingers crossed
OP haworthjim 27 Feb 2017
In reply to haworthjim:

No joy I'm afraid. I'll just have to return at Easter and repeat the glorious week in le foret

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...