Top 10 photos this week. Excellent!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
estivoautumnal 06 Apr 2017
The top 10 photos this week are among the best I've seen on this site.

Photos 1-8 are particularly good.

https://www.ukclimbing.com/photos/top10.html
In reply to estivoautumnal:

Agreed. And 9 out of the 10 are in Britain - almost an advertisement for the superb variety of climbing we have on offer.
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

The hill-walking photos are equally good. The climbing and hill photos are my favorite things about this site. They show a wonderful cross-section of climbing and outdoor situations. The standard of the top photos is quite outstanding. Is it equalled or bettered by any other website for the outdoors, anywhere?
In reply to John Stainforth:

... and the videos. The Wide Boyz video this week is really great.
 Big Ger 06 Apr 2017

> The climbing and hill photos are my favorite things about this site.

Mine too, they are what drew me here.
 Grahame N 07 Apr 2017

> The climbing and hill photos are my favorite things about this site. They show a wonderful cross-section of climbing and outdoor situations. The standard of the top photos is quite outstanding.

It surprises me that so few people vote on photos. There must be 1000s of people using ukc yet photos typically get less than 10 votes. Sometimes only 2 or 3, and the best might get 30 or 40.
I guess people like looking at the photos, but are not interested in expressing an opinion on their quality.
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 07 Apr 2017

Couldn't agree more, a fantastic standard on the site. I love how nostalgia is such a great leveller as well. Lots of photos that aren't technically perfect but strike the right emotions with people who can relate to said climb / viewpoint. Ultimately it's what photography is all about.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...