Suilven Temperature Inversion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BALD EAGLE 09 Aug 2021

Good morning UKC and UKH

For anyone interested here's a wee aerial video from a recent road trip of an atmospheric temperature inversion filmed in Sutherland on the majestic Suilven in the Far North-West of Scotland.

Suilven is one of the most striking and best-known mountains in Scotland of non-Munro status and was the subject of lovely recent film called Edie starring Sheila Hancock.

Anyway, when an inversion occurs, mist and fog can often become trapped resulting in breath-taking scenery!

youtube.com/watch?v=iLcOqQHU6OY&

Cheers

Dave

Route Adjuster 09 Aug 2021
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Stunning, just want to be there to experience it in person now!

OP BALD EAGLE 10 Aug 2021
In reply to Route Adjuster:

> Stunning, just want to be there to experience it in person now!

Hey Route Adjuster many thanks for taking the time to post your positive vibes! Cheers Dave

In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Stunning video again - thanks for taking the time to share it. Brought back great memories of when I was last there in October, on a similar day in between days of rain. Thanks and all the best, Matt.

BusyLizzie 11 Aug 2021
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

So lovely, makes me want to be there.

In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Thanks for posting this, Dave. I’m in Glencoe right now but really fancy going up there

OP BALD EAGLE 12 Aug 2021
In reply to Matthew Riddell:

> Stunning video again - thanks for taking the time to share it. Brought back great memories of when I was last there in October, on a similar day in between days of rain. Thanks and all the best, Matt.

Hi Matt many thanks for your kind words and I'm glad my vid evoked some nice memories!

Cheers Dave

OP BALD EAGLE 12 Aug 2021
In reply to BusyLizzie:

> So lovely, makes me want to be there.

Thanks a million BusyLizzie!

Cheers Dave

martynlj 12 Aug 2021
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Fantastic footage- a real eagle's eye view! Thank you from lockdown No 6 in Melbourne. More please- helps keep me sane.

OP BALD EAGLE 14 Aug 2021
In reply to I like climbing:

> Thanks for posting this, Dave. I’m in Glencoe right now but really fancy going up there

No worries ILC, enjoy Glencoe and I hope you have great time! Cheers Dave

OP BALD EAGLE 14 Aug 2021
In reply to martynlj:

> Fantastic footage- a real eagle's eye view! Thank you from lockdown No 6 in Melbourne. More please- helps keep me sane.

Many thanks martyn and I really appreciate your appreciation! Cheers Dave

CantClimbTom 15 Aug 2021
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Beautiful video

OP BALD EAGLE 16 Aug 2021
In reply to CantClimbTom:

> Beautiful video

Many thanks Tom!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...