Sony RX100

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fatcat 22 Jan 2013
Anyone got any experience of the Sony RX100 ?

The spec looks good and I've seen some good on-line reviews but would appreciate any first hand experience

Cheers

Jamie Hageman 22 Jan 2013
In reply to fatcat: I've had mine for a few months and so far, it's been great. Low light shooting is very good, lovely colour reproduction, brilliant panoramic sweep modes (in horizontal and vertical format), good battery life (even when cold in the mountains). I use it as an instant point and shoot compact, haven't tried many other settings and haven't shot in RAW. Bought mine from Digital Rev and all good. Charger comes with a UK adapter which is quite a loose fit, but works ok.
Great camera, expensive, but a huge step up from my previous Canon Ixus compacts.
 Jamie Hageman 22 Jan 2013
In reply to fatcat: By the way, the latest few images in my gallery are taken with the Sony - http://www.ukclimbing.com/photos/author.html?id=18188
OP fatcat 22 Jan 2013
In reply to Jamie Hageman:

Thanks for that. Is it ok to use with light gloves on ? I'm thinking of it for an ice climbing trip.
 Si Withington 22 Jan 2013
In reply to fatcat:

I've used mine quite a lot recently with all sorts of gloves on - some pretty thick. No issues.
OP fatcat 22 Jan 2013
In reply to siwithington:

Thanks for that Si. Sounds like it'd be a good choice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...