Sony a6000 vintage lens adapter question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wjvt 19 Jun 2020

Been looking through old boxes of stuff and came across an Olympus OM-10 that i never got around to using that much. More interestingly i found the three lenses that came with it when i bought it and thought I could use them on my sony a6000. They were a Zuiko MC Auto-S 50mm F1.8, Sigma Zoom 70-210mm F4.5 and some sigma macro lens that i can't find the name of. I know for the Zuiko lens i need a OM to sony E Adaptor (looking at the K&F concept one) but would those sigma lenses also work with that adaptor? Also has anyone used any of these lenses? Looking forward to trying out the zoom in particular. 

apwebber 19 Jun 2020
In reply to wjvt:

If all three lenses have the same mount, then the adaptor will work for all three.

Mike_d78 20 Jun 2020
In reply to wjvt:

Yes as apwebber said same mount same adaptor. I've found it's best to work in shutter priority mode when using legacy lenses. You then control the aperture via the lens. The A6000 has focus peaking and a focus magnifier which can be very helpful, it's worth having these settings to hand or with focus peaking permanently set. If you use the memory modes on the camera most of these settings can be assigned to one of them to make it easier to set up each time you use a legacy lens.

Post edited at 09:39

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...