Show us your top 10 Photos of the year

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 balmybaldwin 27 Dec 2020

As part of a little facebook photography club we've all nominated our favourite pictures we have taken over the year.

thought it might be fun to do so here, so here we go with my first 5.

OP balmybaldwin 27 Dec 2020
In reply to balmybaldwin:

and my second 5:

Mike_d78 28 Dec 2020

Nice! I'm a sucker for a cute pooch and wow that bee is seriously covered in pollen!

OP balmybaldwin 28 Dec 2020
In reply to Mike_d78:

thanks, so am I which explains why he was in 80% of my shots this year!

OP balmybaldwin 29 Dec 2020

anybody else?

Wicamoi 30 Dec 2020

You're a tough act to follow.

Punter_Pro 31 Dec 2020

Nice photos, that shot of the (Sparrowhawk?) is amazing!

I really need to pull my finger out and become a supporter but I dump my favorite photos here - https://adambenhall.tumblr.com/

planetmarshall 31 Dec 2020

1. Jakob on Deep Cut Chimney (IV 5) during the Scottish International Meet. Feels like a million years ago.

2. Cornish dark horse Wojtek on Quietus (E2 5c). He climbed this so quickly I barely had time to reach for my camera.

3. Sam on Wings of Unreason (E4 6a) - I was a bit more interested in the insect in the foreground that I haven't yet identified. After a few 'dry runs' at the dyno, Sam circumvented it entirely in the end with a technical sequence.

4. Autumn and Winter of 2020 was bouldering season in the Peak. Here's Eli at  Harland Edge, seeking out some of the more esoteric spots to avoid increased traffic in the Peak due to Covid restrictions.

5. Eli at  Over Owler Tor

Post edited at 11:45

OP balmybaldwin 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Punter_Pro:

Love this one: https://64.media.tumblr.com/d6ce2bfbc10587502e06dc3eb77e4d7e/34e13c7a495e16...

Edit: It's a Cuckoo or a Red kite depending on which pic you mean

Post edited at 13:00
 Lewis Robinson 31 Dec 2020
In reply to Punter_Pro:

These are absolutely stunning! I love the sort of milky effect (for want of a better word) thats on a lot of them, is this something to do "in camera" or in some kind of post production editing software? 

L

Punter_Pro 01 Jan 2021

Ah so it is a Cuckoo, can't say I have seen many of them up close but I hear them often in the woods nearby, I didn't realise they were striped similar to a sparrowhawk hence my mistake, I can see the difference in the head and beak now I have compared the two.

Yeah that is the Cathedral Cave in Langdale, Cumbria. It really blew my mind when I visited there, a must visit if up that way.

Post edited at 09:21
 Punter_Pro 01 Jan 2021
In reply to Lewis Robinson:

Thankyou!

It is done in Adobe Lightroom where I have made my own presets, it is created by adjusting the tone curve to darken the highlights and to lighten the blacks/shadows slightly, this will give photos a faded softer look. The overall clarity is also reduced slightly as well.

Shooting in softer light also helps.

Post edited at 09:32
 Lewis Robinson 02 Jan 2021
In reply to Punter_Pro:

Thank you! That's very helpful! Once again, I love your photos! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...