Scanners Again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chopper 17 Dec 2020

Further to my earlier post about slide scanners I looked at the Plustek 8100 but was put off by the apparent poor performance for dust and scratch removal.

I'm now thinking I might have to go upwards a bit for the Plustek 8200. Does anyone know how good it is for dust and scratch removal?

Alternatively I presume I could "edit out" any blemishes using paintShop.

Thanks

Post edited at 13:02
 ali.scott 17 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

Hardware-based IR dust removal is very good, and will save you a bunch of time, especially if you're scanning a lot of negs. Go for the 8200 for sure!

I haven't used one myself, specifically, but have used the iSRD in Silverfast lots. It works well! Maybe not quite as good as Digital ICE, but pretty close. 

tallsteve 17 Dec 2020
In reply to Chopper:

Allowing software to do the dust/scratch removal is dangerous.  The eyes of people can disappear, along with other fine details.  If there's a setting to save an original as well as a fixed up copy go for it, you can then hand edit the bad ones.  Give them a good lookover before you delete the un edited scans.

OP Chopper 17 Dec 2020
In reply to tallsteve:

So maybe not bother about dust/scratch removal and "repair" the image on PaintShop or similar?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...