R800 ink cartridges

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliptic 26 Sep 2022

I have an Epson R800 printer that's been in the loft for years and I might want to start using again. Any recommendations for decent quality compatible ink that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

montyjohn 26 Sep 2022
In reply to elliptic:

Sorry, I know I'm not answering your question, but:

How often do you plan on using it and do you care about colour?

Reason I ask, if like me you only print occasionally and only B&W then I highly recommend not buying ink cartridges and get a B&W laser printer instead.

Something like a cheap brother in the link below would be great:

The sample toner that comes with it will last longer than whatever ink cartridge you we're going to buy. Also, if you don't use it for a year, it will work perfectly without drying up, needing a nozzle clean etc.

And, when you do finally replace the toner, they are usually cheap and might as well last forever. I've had my toner for over 7 years I think. 

Lasers are great, ink jets are expensive, messy, troublesome and have a special place in hell for all the time they have cost me over the years. Ok, rant over.

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/brother_hl-1110__a4_mono_usb_laser_printer_...

OP elliptic 26 Sep 2022
In reply to montyjohn:

All sound advice but I do actually want to print full colour I'm afraid!

I've had good frame-able results in the past from the R800 but it'll need a full set of fresh cartridges (been boxed up for ten years) and I'm a bit reluctant to spend £130 on the official ones...

jethro kiernan 27 Sep 2022
In reply to elliptic:

Check out Marrutt they do a range, https://marrutt.com/find-my-printer/epson-r-series/epson-r800-printer

I haven’t used their inks but there printer paper is V good

Post edited at 10:57
 AllanMac 27 Sep 2022
In reply to elliptic:

Another vote for Marrutt. I use an Epson SC-P800 printer for my art prints. Their refillable ink cartridges, ink and paper are excellent.

OP elliptic 27 Sep 2022
In reply to AllanMac:

Thanks guys, I'll check them out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...