Photos needed for Inner Hebrides guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Grahame N 09 Jan 2013
Later this year the SMC will be publishing a new Climbers Guide to the 'Inner Hebrides and Arran' (Mull, Erraid, Iona, Rum, Eigg, Colonsay etc and Arran).

I posted a request for action photos a few weeks ago but only four people have responded so far.

So if anyone has any decent photos that they would like to see in print then have a look at http://www.smc.org.uk/photos for details of where and how to send in your pics. There is a small payment for any photos used and a free copy of the guide.
OP Grahame N 24 Jan 2013
In reply to Grahame N:
Anyone got any photos of climbing on Rum?
We've only got one old slide so far.
 Hamfunk 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Grahame N:

Hi Grahame, i've got loads of photos of Rum, including some Bouldering pics. The trad routes don't get much attention as far as I am aware and I have never seen anyone over there with a rack. This is partly due to the guide being out of print and the remoteness of the location.

Also for your information the Castle Hostel at Kinloch is closed and they are currently constructing temporary accommodation.

I am also working on a Rum bouldering guide although it has been in the works for 3ish years.

Hope this information is of some help.
 Colin Moody 27 Jan 2013
In reply to Hamfunk:

I knew there was a new bunkhouse on Coll and a new community centre on Muck but I didn't know about Kinloch Castle. Maybe I should buy the Oban Times!

Thanks for that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...