Photos from Wuhan in China

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 J Brown 12 Feb 2020

A while ago I shared some photos I'd taken in Beijing and enjoyed the discussion which followed on modern China.

The main part of that trip was two weeks teaching in the architecture school at Wuhan University in October.  It was an enjoyable experience, and I feel fortunate to have visited a little-known (at that time) and interesting city.  I hope that the current crisis is resolved soon, and that I can visit again to teach in the Autumn.  These are some photos I took wandering round a small part of the city:

https://dynamicstasis.blog/2020/02/12/wuhan-a-photo-essay/

In reply to J Brown:

Nice photos - and great to hear some positivity about China. I spend a lot of time there and have met some of the most kind and friendly people you could hope to meet - from Shanghai sophisticates to people in the poorest villages.

Post edited at 15:42
 Toerag 12 Feb 2020
In reply to J Brown:

Lord Digby Jones said last week that Wuhan is like Sheffield, but hotter.

Flinticus 12 Feb 2020
In reply to J Brown:

I don't see any rubbish. Is that typical?

OP J Brown 12 Feb 2020
In reply to Jonathan Lagoe - UKC:

Unfortunately I didn't get out to the countryside (only Wuhan, Beijing, and Shanghai) - but I'd agree that the people were very friendly and welcoming - I was often wandering in less touristy parts at night and it never felt dodgy.  I'm hoping to go back later this year.

In reply to Flinticus:

Major cities are very clean. Out in the countryside it's a bit different.

Rob Parsons 12 Feb 2020
In reply to Toerag:

> Lord Digby Jones said last week that Wuhan is like Sheffield, but hotter.

Can't see the comparison myself. What was his point?

OP J Brown 13 Feb 2020
In reply to Flinticus:

It does seem to be quite typical, based on what I saw.  In two and a half weeks (mostly in Wuhan but also in Beijing and Shanghai I don't recall seeing much litter now that I think about it - and in that time I only saw one homeless person on the street, and one drunk person (that's not to say of course that those issues may not occur elsewhere).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...