Photographing west face of pillar rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 somethingelse 19 Sep 2019

As above, i'm looking for good spots to get some photos of climbers on the west face of pillar rock. i won't have a rope, so only spots i can get to on foot. I'll be running, so can get around quickly. Anyone any ideas?

One of the shots in classic rock is of the entire west face with two climbers on the chimney and traverse pitch of new west (p.182 in my copy). It looks like this is taken from across the corrie on the west side of pillar rock. Does anyone know if this can be descended in to on foot from where pisgah meets the main body of the mountain, or alternatively from somewhere along the summit plateau of pillar? i've climbed new west in the past but we approached from ennerdale side and i'll be approaching from honister. 

any thoughts or info would be much appreciated

many thanks

Tom Valentine 19 Sep 2019
In reply to somethingelse:

Gordon should be your man for advice since his picture of Appian Way is one of the all time greats of British climbing photography

OP somethingelse 20 Sep 2019
In reply to Tom Valentine:

great, thanks Tom. There is a description off where the photo was taken from on here from Gordon . Sounds like he scrambled down the gully where pisgah meets the mountain to reach the corrie with the west face in, picture take from screes beneath new west.

thanks again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...