North Wales Climbs - 2nd Edition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 05 Aug 2022

So working through the documents today of the now work in progress 2nd Edition of the North Wales Climbs selective guide. I am on the look out for high quality shots of the classic routes. Specifically I have a list of what we are currently missing, or I think there might be better images out there. This list is not exhaustive and any 'classic' route will be consider, think 2 but mainly 3 star routes on the best crags.

Images need to be taken on a decent camera, if compact something like the Sony RX100 is totally fine if the images are raw files. Just not phone images as they don't work i am afraid. Drone images would work but again you need to take send raw and not JPEG.

If you are interested you need to email me through UKC forum contact form and I will email you back a link to a dropbox folder with some more guidelines re composition and quality. Then you can upload your best selection, then let me know and I'll have a look.

Last guide we paid up top £50 for a Double Page image and you got a free copy of the guide. So I won't necessarily go out to get these photos specifically, but if you already have them and think they would look good in print then i would love to hear from you.

Action shots we are looking for (sorry for any spelling/grammar the list was put together quickly):

Llanberis Pass

Carreg Wastad - Classic route - Prefer a great angle of the Crack Stone rib again

Dinas Cromlech - Classic near cenotaph corner

Dinas Cromlech - Flying Buttress

Cryn Las - Top pitch of Main Wall landscape looking down someone leading though. Or another classic from Main Wall, The Grooves or Lubyanka or skull

Cwm Glas Bach - Any classic route will be used as portrait only

Ogwen

Ogwen - Opening DPS - Currently a photo of someone seconding Hindsight on Glider Fach looking bach at trypan. I would prefer a leading shot of something similar.

East Face of Tryfan Action shot

Milestone BUTTREss - Classic  used portrait

Bochllowedd Buttress - Any classic 1/2 thin slice of portrait for subject due to layout.

Cwm Idwal - Classic DPS for ideal Slabs eyc…

Idwal - Suicide Wall Image

Glyder Fawr Upper cliff - VS or HVS 

Carnedau

Carneadau - Mir Y Nywl or Pinnacle Wall or Aura.

Cloggy

Cloggy -  classic f0r opening spread

Cloggy -  portrait for near Great wall/Troach

Cloggy - Great slab-white slab image

Lliwedd/Gwynant

Lliwedd - Possibly new image of something here, although have a good one of topping out from the last guide that will be hard to beat

Gwynant Valley - classic route from Bovine area

Tremadog

Craig Y Gesial - Bramble Buttress or Clutch/Plumbline

Craig Y Castell - Any classic route up to E2

Pant IFan - Any route on Two Face Buttress - Cardiac Arete is preference

Blwch Y Moch - Any classic for intro page (subject in 1/4 of DPS due to layout constraints)

BlwchYMoch - A classic route on Christmas Curry buttress (Subject must be in one thin vertical half of portrait due to layout constraints)

Carreg Hyll Drem - Any classic

Moelwyn

Moelwyns - Classic opening DPS

Moelwyns - Sport climbing photo

Betws Area DPS opener - Riparian, Craig Dinas Image or Lavaedo wall top arete

Clogwyn Cyrau photo

Gogarth

Classic DPS for opening spread

Briotomartis area Image Portrait

HH Man - King Bee Crack

HH Man - Far right Tension Black and Tan

Crag X or some other classic from range/port dafarch areas (Ramp of Pink Emulsion, Fishermans Friend).

Slate, Limestone and Mid Wales

Not actually got through these chapters yet, but I have loads of Slate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...