Night shot overlooking Sheffield.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Russell Lovett 19 Feb 2017
Driving down for a few days climbing in The Peak today and thought in the evening I'd try and get a night shot of the lights of Sheffield from high up, you know the kind of image you see in the films where some teenagers are parked up above some city in USA and the whole city is lit up bellow them. Can anyone recommend a good vantage point to get such a shot. We will be camping ne'er Heathersage so any ware in The Peak around there would do.
In reply to Russell Lovett:

From the Burbage North car park, take the road into Sheffield, and as you go over the top you should find a lay by where you can hop over onto the moor and get a panorama of the city.
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Cheer Paul will try there.
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Do you stay straight on that road or turnleft at the pub for the best views?
 john arran 19 Feb 2017

If you want a less long-range shot you might also want to consider the top of Meersbrook Park.
 deepsoup 19 Feb 2017
> Do you stay straight on that road or turnleft at the pub for the best views?

Both are good. The view from the large layby itself isn't bad, but it's a little better if you venture a little way along the path that goes over the moor towards a farm, past some small disused quarries. (It's a bit boggy in places.)
http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=427750&y=383835&z=120&sv=42775...

Alternatively you get a very similar view from the roadside here: http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=428365&y=384335&z=120&sv=42836...

No good to you at all, but there's a very nice view of the distant city from Back Tor (the one on Derwent Edge, not the one between Mam Tor & Lose Hill).

In reply to deepsoup:

Cheers for all the replys. Just what i was after.
In reply to deepsoup:

Just got back from The Peak, went yesterday back tonight. It rained nearly all morning, got 6 boulder problems in at Curbar befor the rain. It was pretty damp every where we tried stanage, stoney, Curbar, Burbage North and South. Then it rained and everything's got soaked. Scouted out the locations given they were exalent. Cheers.
 The Lemming 20 Feb 2017

Novel way to ask for doggin sites.
In reply to The Lemming:

It was,nt my idea the wife made me do it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...