Missing images from photo browser

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveriley 12 Aug 2020

In reply to steveriley:

Due to the way we cache images, the first person to view an image triggers it to be "created" in the right size to display on that page. Unfortunately this means the first person may have to wait an extra few seconds for it to load, however it should in fact do that, rather than just never loading for you.

the image seems to work for me now, so I suspect the server was just taking a bit longer with that image strangely. If it keeps happening, it may be a sign that something is amiss with the code/server and needs fixing. So let us know if it happens constantly.

OP steveriley 12 Aug 2020
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

Wondered if it might be something like that but it happens a lot and sure I'm not always the first person to click an image. I'm not that much of an early adopter

That pic above (and others) is still not loading for me if I sit patiently with it in another tab. Lemme know if you need anything testing.

In reply to steveriley:

If you don't mind, please could you open the developer console (ctrl shift J) and send a screenshot of any error messages it has. Similar to the attached image.

Cheers

OP steveriley 13 Aug 2020
In reply to Andy Ovens - UKC and UKH:

...I'll email to avoid boring everyone else

Route Adjuster 17 Aug 2020
In reply to steveriley:

I've had the same issue for months now.  it seems to occur on Chrome only (Windows or Linux behaves the same). The developer console shows no errors, the picture html code is simply not there.  Frustrating.  Sometimes opening up the image in a new tab works, sometimes it doesn't, occasionally a simple refresh works.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...