Luminar 4...its like magic

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 22 Jul 2020

I finally bit the bullet and got a licence for Luminar 4.

Only played with it for a few minutes so far, and I may never go back to Lightroom or miss photoshop again for titilating my images.

Anybody else used Luminar 4?

In reply to The Lemming:

I have.  The AI is good but I find I want to use it in moderation.  I find the presets very gaudy, so tend to do each image one at a time.  I like the mystical function which softens some of the harshness that comes with digital photography.  The loading of images and exporting is horribly slow at times which is my main gripe.

HeMa 22 Jul 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

I have been thinking about it, but I’m trying Darktable for now. 

How’s the DAM/catalog feature in Luminar? And is it easy to strech the image in Luminar (as I now have Anamorphic lenses, I need to desquueze then If I’n shooting pics).

OP The Lemming 22 Jul 2020
In reply to HeMa:

> I have been thinking about it, but I’m trying Darktable for now. 

> How’s the DAM/catalog feature in Luminar? And is it easy to strech the image in Luminar (as I now have Anamorphic lenses, I need to desquueze then If I’n shooting pics).

Not got a scooby about any of that. Sorry

But it is great for titillation and all the stuff that takes years of practice in Photoshop, and which never looks as good as a professional has worked on the images.

In reply to The Lemming:

I've had in mind to try something with these kind of features for a while and prompted by this thread I downloaded a trial version of this.

First thoughts are that some of what it does is a bit too full-on; a bit more subtlety would be more to my taste: it takes a lot of processing room up on my desktop PC; I've had to close everything else to get it working happily: and even then it takes a while to export the finished file.

As an extra tool in the digital darkroom, perhaps; probably, even.  As a replacement for lightroom, no.

But they're just initial thoughts.  The free trial has most of a week to run yet so I'm sure I'll get to grips with it a little more by this time next week.

T.

jezb1 23 Jul 2020
In reply to The Lemming:

I recently got it to use with PS / LR.

It has it's uses but I'm not sure comparing it to PS / LR is realistic.

It's certainly a fun thing to use, but I envisage only using it for super quick edits.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...