Lost Video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 12 Dec 2017
Three years ago I burned a DVD on which there were several sections of video which I shot and saved to my pc.
Unfortunately one short sequence has been inadvertently deleted from the pc but I still have it on the pc "master copy" of the dvd.
The problem is that this has a "rolling" caption. Does anyone know if there is any way I can "copy" the footage and eliminate the rolling caption so that I can save it sans captio?
 Fraser 12 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Response on other thread...
 Luke90 12 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

What exactly do you mean by "rolling caption"?
 Fraser 12 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:
Couldn't resist my earlier reply, sorry

If you've done what I think you have then I'd say no, you can't salvage the file without the title. Basically it's like saying you'd previously mixed a pint of black paint with a gallon of white and now you want the pure white paint again.

What format is your 'master copy' file?
Post edited at 22:14
OP mypyrex 13 Dec 2017
In reply to Fraser:

> If you've done what I think you have then I'd say no, you can't salvage the file without the title. Basically it's like saying you'd previously mixed a pint of black paint with a gallon of white and now you want the pure white paint again.
What I feared

> What format is your 'master copy' file?
.wmv

Fraser 13 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Yeah, in that case I think you're scuppered, sorry. Unless you've got the wherewithall to do some very digital trixy masking and patching, I reckon it's a gonner. It would have been easier if the text wasn't scrolling, but since it is...
OP mypyrex 13 Dec 2017
In reply to Fraser:

I tried a bit of digital patching but, a month of Sundays and all that...
Wondering whether to look at file recovery programs
 Fraser 13 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:
Worth a shot surely. I had success with some file recovery a few years back after some useful advice and direct help from on here. Good luck!

Edit: could you reuse the .wmv in your editing programme, chop out the start with the scrolling titles/captions and redo that section alone with some alternate footage?
Post edited at 12:44
OP mypyrex 13 Dec 2017
In reply to Fraser:

> Worth a shot surely. I had success with some file recovery a few years back after some useful advice and direct help from on here. Good luck!

> Edit: could you reuse the .wmv in your editing programme, chop out the start with the scrolling titles/captions and redo that section alone with some alternate footage?

I particularly wanted that bit of video
Any ideas about best recovery program?

OP mypyrex 13 Dec 2017
In reply to Fraser:

Just trying Recuva
OP mypyrex 14 Dec 2017
In reply to Fraser:

Sadly appears lost forever
 Fraser 14 Dec 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Aah, too bad. I'll see if I can locate the package I had some success with but it's a few years ago now so I' not that hopeful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...