Lenses for phones

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 29 Sep 2018

Those clip on lenses for phones that allegedly give wide angle or telephoto options. Do they work? 

nacnud 29 Sep 2018
In reply to aln:

Sort of, I've tried the olloclip ones and they ok toys. The moment ones are supposedly better but for the price of them you can get an old but good dslr.

Phil West 30 Sep 2018
In reply to aln:

I've got a cheap one from eBay. The fisheye is useful, say, for taking a photo of a band on stage when the normal wide angle view wouldn't get them all in. It's never going to win a photo award but handy for your memory box. The vignetting is awful and blurry so you may need to crop in post but still get more than your phone's wide angle. The macro one again is only sharp in the centre and difficult to focus but better than nothing when you need to get that shot of the house spider from the bog

I've not tried the expensive ones but the cheap ones are handy little toys if you view them as such.

Blue Straggler 30 Sep 2018
In reply to aln:

I only use the fish eye one from a cheap Wilko £5 set, for fun close ups with distorted perspective. I wouldn’t spend any more than £5 and I wouldn’t want something any bigger than my fingertip. Just a bit of toy-camera fun. 

In reply to aln:

I was way up high at the back of a gig in the Glasgow Hydro last year. A lady sitting in front of us had a telephoto one. I was impressed with how far it zoomed in. Expect a lot of noise in the photo though 

OP aln 30 Sep 2018
In reply to aln:

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't expecting camera quality results, more something for fun till I buy the missus a camera. Sounds like something for about a fiver will do the trick.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...