Is the RX 100 Mk1 still decent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 glenn0010 10 May 2022

I'm a beginner and want to get more into photgoraphy. Taking photos on a go pro is a bit limiting  thoug I do enjoy it

I want something with better quality than a smartphone and I refuse to spend more than £300 on  a smarthphone.

Is the cheap RX 100 mk 1 a decent option to get into things or would it be worth buying a higher mark?

Mike-W-99 10 May 2022
In reply to glenn0010:

Great image quality but mine broke twice in the same place(there’s a ribbon connector which gets put under stress)

OP glenn0010 11 May 2022
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Sounds like I should go for a bit of a new model then! Though what would you say would be a decent price for a MK1?

Gary Latter 11 May 2022
In reply to glenn0010:

Great camera, produces really good results. I believe its worth having a viewfinder though - Mk 3 onwards all have a pop up viewfinder, which I find especially useful on bright days. Also much easier to work out composition when using teh viewfinder.

We've got Mk1, aMk4 & a Mk7; image quality is superb on all - just depends how much ££ you're prepared to spend...

Gary Latter 11 May 2022
In reply to glenn0010:

Great camera, produces really good results. I believe its worth having a viewfinder though - Mk 3 onwards all have a pop up viewfinder, which I find especially useful on bright days. Also much easier to work out composition when using the viewfinder.

We've got Mk1, aMk4 & a Mk7; image quality is superb on all - just depends how much ££ you're prepared to spend...

Robert Durran 11 May 2022
In reply to glenn0010:

Certainly very good image quality, but the tiny, fiddly controls and lack of a viewfinder possibly don't make it a good choice to "learn" photography beyond point and shoot.

Post edited at 09:33
 Graeme G 11 May 2022
In reply to glenn0010:

You seen this?

Although maybe out of budget, but may give you ideas of what to look for. Possibly worth considering 2nd hand.

https://m.dpreview.com/reviews/buying-guide-best-compact-zoom-cameras

OP glenn0010 11 May 2022
In reply to Graeme G:

Thanks all for the replies looks like a more modern option than the MK1 would be good especially cause of the EVF as I plan on using this out on the hills.

The Canon powershot listed in the article might looks like it might be a better alternative than RX100 for me. Having a camera easier to grip and with better buttons I think would be a huge + for me, especially with gloves on

Post edited at 11:52

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...