Is it possible to rotate photos after upload?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nickcanute 31 Oct 2018

A couple of my pics, which were the correct orientation on my camera/phone, ended up rotated after upload. I recall some talk on here a while ago of enabling a function to rotate pics in your gallery after upload, but I can't suss a way to do this. Is it possible?

UKC Forums 31 Oct 2018
This thread was started in the ROCKFAX forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Photography
This is the place for all discussions relating to cameras and outdoor photography. Discuss the latest digital camera or have long discussions over the merits of one of the many thousands of photographs in the UKC Photo Galleries.

More Forum descriptions - https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/info/forums.html
In reply to nickcanute:

If you link to it, we can rotate it.

Alan

Simon Caldwell 31 Oct 2018
In reply to nickcanute:

The photo moderators have an option to rotate a photo when approving. But it seems that some don't bother, and just approve wrongly-oriented photos

planetmarshall 31 Oct 2018
In reply to nickcanute:

> A couple of my pics, which were the correct orientation on my camera/phone, ended up rotated after upload. I recall some talk on here a while ago of enabling a function to rotate pics in your gallery after upload, but I can't suss a way to do this. Is it possible?

Before uploading check the orientation of your photo in its metadata. I suspect either UKC's display software is respecting this information and your isn't, or the other way around. There are various ways of viewing and editing this information, depending on your platform.

https://superuser.com/questions/57317/editing-jpeg-exif-properties

Note that this only affects how your images are displayed, it has no effect on the actual pixel data in the image.

Mike-W-99 31 Oct 2018
In reply to planetmarshall:

I've done some work on this before. There are a few cameras that "lie" in their exif data so it needs a bit of work to correctly orientate them. iPhones in portrait mode are particular bad for this.

OP nickcanute 31 Oct 2018
In reply to UKC Forums:

> This thread was started in the ROCKFAX forum and has now been moved.

> Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

> Photography

> This is the place for all discussions relating to cameras and outdoor photography. Discuss the latest digital camera or have long discussions over the merits of one of the many thousands of photographs in the UKC Photo Galleries.

> More Forum descriptions - https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/info/forums.html

Hi there sorry but I disagree - I thought that UKC/Rockfax was a more relevant thread category than photography.. this topic is purely about the UKC platform and how it is not user-friendly for upload of photos. It doesn't concern photography.

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 31 Oct 2018
In reply to nickcanute:

> Hi there sorry but I disagree - I thought that UKC/Rockfax was a more relevant thread category than photography.. this topic is purely about the UKC platform and how it is not user-friendly for upload of photos. It doesn't concern photography.

You submitted photos into the photo gallery and said photos were there wrong orientation and you want those photos flipping - and the post doesn't concern photography?

Chris

OP nickcanute 31 Oct 2018
OP nickcanute 01 Nov 2018
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Pics still same perhaps i didnt post correct links to them?  I suppose i have got that wrong as well haha. no worries

In reply to nickcanute:

They are fine, I think you are just looking at the cached version. Try to force refresh.

Alan

deepsoup 02 Nov 2018
 Simon Caldwell 02 Nov 2018
In reply to deepsoup:

Must be cached, the thumbnail and photo are both fine for me.

Unlike the OP's, which are showing the wrong orientation even though I didn't view them before Alan's attempt to change them so they won't have been cached.

deepsoup 02 Nov 2018
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

> Must be cached, the thumbnail and photo are both fine for me.

Ok, ta.  I thought I had cleared the cache, but obviously not.

deepsoup 02 Nov 2018

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...