Help - GoPro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 29 Oct 2017
A few months ago I got am app on my phone in order to operate my GoPro Hero 4 remotely. I've not used the camera recently until today.

I tried to start connecting the camera but when I opened the app on the phone a page appears apparently promoting something called "Quik stories" On the page there a funny little blue circle near the bottom right hand corner. When I tap on that a page appears saying "You Need Quik" followed by a "No Thanks"/"Install Quik" option. When I tap on "No Thanks" it just goes back to the "Quik stories" page.

I tried installing this confounded Quik thing but could still find no way of connecting to my camera.

Is there anyone else with a GoPro who knows anything about this please?
 richprideaux 29 Oct 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Close the app, restart it and Quik thing should be gone.
 Mr Lopez 29 Oct 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Get rid of those those apps and install only the gopro capture app, then disable automatic updates for it. If the latest app still forces you to install quik stories let me know and i'll mail you a copy of the previous incarnation which doesn't do that.

ETA: After you try the above
Post edited at 14:00
 richprideaux 29 Oct 2017
In reply to Mr Lopez:

It looks like Capture is gone, or at least has turned into the GoPro app - which has the meddlesome Quik notifications.
 Mr Lopez 29 Oct 2017
In reply to richprideaux:

You just need to stop it from automatically updating to the newer version
OP mypyrex 29 Oct 2017
In reply to Mr Lopez:

I uninstalled the original GoPro app and reinstalled after disabling automatic updates but I'm still getting the Quik page
 Mr Lopez 29 Oct 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Try the one in the link above. You got to download it and then use the file explorer to navigate to it, once you found it (probably in the downloads folder) if you press it you should get an option to install it.
OP mypyrex 29 Oct 2017
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Seem to have got it although my phone tried to block the download.
 Mr Lopez 29 Oct 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

That'll be the google mafia trying to keep the reins. If the app doesn't install, go to 'security' and tick the 'allow installation of apps from unknown sources' checkbox.
OP mypyrex 29 Oct 2017
In reply to Mr Lopez:

Thanks, up and running again now.
 Mr Lopez 29 Oct 2017
In reply to mypyrex:

Sweet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...