GoPro helmet mount

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Barratt 30 Dec 2012
I got a GoPro this Christmas (I know, lucky me), and it came with a chest mount. I am wondering how best to mount it to my helmet. I have the Wild country Alpine shield helmet and will want to mount it with the shield as well as without the shield. The vented strap might work but I'm not sure, I was wondering if the 'head strap' mount would work with a helmet or if it would be too small. Any thoughts? (I'll be using it for climbing and skiing, and maybe kayaking one day but that's less important)
 MtnGeekUK 30 Dec 2012
In reply to David Barratt:

Interested in this too - even luckier, I won one!
 Mikkel 30 Dec 2012

If your helmet will take a headtorch i think it will be easy to stick the gopro on there using their headstrap.
Removed User 30 Dec 2012

There are specific helmet mounts. They come as part of the Hero 2 outdoor package but I don't think the Hero 3's had any extras that were sold with them? These stick to the helmet and you can get curved or flat ones. I'm not sure what they cost separately but I can't think they'd be that expensive.
 Mikkel 30 Dec 2012
In reply to Removed User:

all the mounts from the older cameras work with the Hero 3, no change there.

http://gopro.com/camera-mounts
Removed User 30 Dec 2012
OP David Barratt 30 Dec 2012
In reply to Removed User: Thanks, the problem with these would be that my helmet has an ice shield so I would be able to stick anything under it. A head torch is compatible with my helmet but not sure about the size of the head strap mount. Might just go for it and report back.
Removed User 30 Dec 2012

If you google "Go Pro helmet mount tips" you'll get plenty of info.
 Darkskys 30 Dec 2012
In reply to David Barratt: loads of advice here...just be creative!

http://m.instructables.com/tag?sort=none&q=Gopro
OP David Barratt 30 Dec 2012
In reply to David Barratt: Thanks everyone, found this video as well. youtube.com/watch?v=kvoaUHK7uD0&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...