Good cameras?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 johncina9 20 Oct 2019

Well here is my story. I've never really been into photography or anything of that nature. But my dad decodes about 2-3 years ago that he doesn't want to pay 800-1000 for a professional photographer to take pictures at my sisters Quincenera. So he goes out and buys a Sony DSLR a100.

I tried to learn what I could and took some pictures but I'd like to learn how to take better pictures with this thing. 

I'm thinking of buying another camera and was wondering if this one is good or should I look into another camera. Any info would be great.

malk 20 Oct 2019
In reply to johncina9:

'highly recommended' back in 2006 : https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydslra100/30

maybe a bit old now but good for learning..

malk 20 Oct 2019
In reply to johncina9:

UKC's fave car/camera : Skoda Octavia/Olympus EM-5

Blue Straggler 20 Oct 2019
In reply to johncina9:

Buy three more cameras 

OP johncina9 20 Oct 2019
In reply to malk:

Thank you for your recommendation 

In reply to Blue Straggler:

Banned them. Second time they've linked to that site.

Blue Straggler 20 Oct 2019
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Cheers Paul. 

Toerag 22 Oct 2019
In reply to johncina9:

>  I tried to learn what I could and took some pictures but I'd like to learn how to take better pictures with this thing. 

> I'm thinking of buying another camera and was wondering if this one is good or should I look into another camera.

Is the A100 actually a restriction?  Have you reached the limits of what it can do?  You may be better off taking a course instead of buying a new camera - most of us would.

Blue Straggler 22 Oct 2019
In reply to Toerag:

See above, this user is a spammer using a couple of posts to try to look genuine, then posting a link (now deleted by moderators) to a dubious website purporting to be related to the specific product he is talking about. I reported this on Sunday and the user has been banned. 

There are red flags all over the writing style and the nature of the posts, if you know what to look out for. 

jethro kiernan 22 Oct 2019
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Cheers 👍

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...