Climbing Photographer Needs Advice on Rigging Rop

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hey guys, 

I've been rigging my own ropes for a while and shooting but now looking to get some professional tuition on this. 

Can anyone recommend an instructor or course that could help with this?

I've been looking at an IRATA Rope Access Training - Level 1 course. This could prove useful the more commercial shoots I do.

Let me know how you've learnt to rig your own ropes!

Mike Nolan 27 Jun 2020
In reply to Alexander_Metcalfe:

Hi Alexander,

I’d be happy to put something together for you. 

My website is www.mikenolanmountaineering.co.uk, feel free to drop me an email or give me a call.

Cheers,

Mike 

jethro kiernan 28 Jun 2020

The IRATA level one course isn’t going to teach you much about rigging your own ropes, what sort of commercial work are you talking about? If it’s carried out on privately owned Commercial property you may need to prove competency.
if your talking about climbing pictures at the crag then most  MIA instructors should be able to go through the basics of Anchors, edge management, moving up and down the rope, positioning using extra ropes, managing risk to models/third parties.

LucaC 28 Jun 2020

Hi Alex, I do a lot of this kind of thing as a photographer and instructor. My website is www.lucacelano.com and you can contact me through that or via ukc. 

matt.woodfield 04 Jul 2020

Hi Alex, I run a good 'vertical positioning' course for photographers. 2 days to cover anchors, ascending fixed lines and positioning techniques.

See www.outdoor-matters.co.uk for more info 👍 Courses based in South Wales. 

Plenlty of experience with climbing photography (guide author) and working with film crews and photographers in the vertical world. 

Thanks guys. I'll be touching base with you all shortly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...