Canon PowerShot GX7 ii - Case for harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 06 Jun 2019

As the titel says, can anyone recommend a case that will protect a Canon GX7 ii and allow it to be clipped to a harness? I haven't bought the camera yet but it caught my eye in preference to an RX100 and i want to ensure I can safely clip it to my harness.

Cheers

David Barlow 06 Jun 2019
In reply to Tigger:

I use a Crumpler one for mine. I'll try to find out which model it is. 

craig h 06 Jun 2019
In reply to Tigger:

I've used a Crumpler 'Light Delight 200' for my GX7 ii since I got the camera, my Canon G16 was in it before hand. A nice simple, well made soft case with a secure loop to clip onto your harness. Zip entry on the top, internal mesh pocket which you can put a spare battery and SD card in.

It's been on my harness climbing for probably 5 years and also use it all the time at work doing rope access offshore so it gets bounced off steel work and pipes for 6 month of the year. No issues as yet and has protected the camera well both on the crag, underground and at work.

Looks like it's called a Drewbob pouch now.

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/crumpler-drewbob-pouch-200-blue-1648133/?mkwi...

Post edited at 22:10
OP Tigger 06 Jun 2019
In reply to David Barlow:

Cheers, has anyone had any issues with the Powershot G7X ii? 

craig h 06 Jun 2019
In reply to Tigger:

In the main it's a great camera, takes some stunning shots even in low light. Being able to take raw files as well as jpegs compensates for the lack of zoom as the raw file size is huge so easily cropped.

My only issue with the G7X ii is the design of the articulated screen on the back, it's only held in place with 2 small screws. Even though I hardly use the screen the screws have a tendency to fall out, I've given up replacing them so now held in place with tape.

My G7X ii has had a harder life than most, 6 months a year crawling around steel work on an oil rig isn't the kindest environment, but for low light photography as well as quality photos when you get the opportunity it would be hard to beat. Works cameras are the Olympus Tough 5, more robust, but the quality of images are not as good. 

Photo from my last trip on the G7X  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21913923@N03/47064034014/in/dateposted/

David Barlow 07 Jun 2019

I hunted round London cameea shops with my G7 looking for a compact bag I could clip to my harness and settled on they small Crumpler one here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mf15run7zsgu2n5/AAAvLu1soLuUnXb5fhP2dgKOa?dl=0 but it seems to be discontinued. The one mentioned above I decided was too big. 

Post edited at 09:14
OP Tigger 24 Jun 2019
In reply to Tigger:

Cheers folks

I ended up picking up a mint condition G7X mkii + 64gb card for £300. As for a bag I've just ordered a Lowepro hardside CS20 which looks like it'll sit nicely amongst my cams and put up with a knock or two. 

Post edited at 09:42

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...