Camera lens seizing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d_b 06 Feb 2018

I have a panasonic LX-100 that has been serving me well for the last year or so, but I have notices that the lens seems to be gradually seizing up.

It now takes several seconds for the lens to extend & retract when I switch it on or off and it sounds as though the motor is struggling.  There are similar struggling motor noises when I zoom and focus.

Is there any way to fix this or do I have to accept that the thing wasn't really built to last?

LeeWood 06 Feb 2018
In reply to davidbeynon:

I had a Nikon with similar probs - went back for repair 2x, the last just before expiry of guarantee. It still struggled and I learned to help it at a crucial instant during shutdown. Finally it developed a more serious blockage. I tried to get some lubricant in but not certain it arrived at the spot. They don't make them user-serviceable alas ...

OP d_b 06 Feb 2018
In reply to LeeWood:

I suspected as much.  I suppose I have nothing to lose from trying...  I just called my local repair shop, and they said they would have a look but made no promises.

The really annoying thing is that although it still works I can't trust it enough to take on trips until the issue is resolved one way or the other.  Time to pick up a cheap compact to tide me over I think.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...