Cairngorm photography locations.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Russell Lovett 08 Oct 2019

Off up to Scotland this weekend, Friday night, Sat, Sun and Monday. If the weather looks bad for one of the days (raining and low level clouds so not worth going into the mountains) where are some places worth a walk with my camara. Thinking forest landscapes or wildlife or both together. Open to any help or ideas. I will be stopping in Avimore.

Robert Durran 08 Oct 2019
In reply to Russell Lovett:

Rothiemurchus forest. Loch an Eilean. Maybe Glen Feshie.

elliptic 08 Oct 2019
In reply to Robert Durran:

Add to those the green lochan (An Lochan Uaine) 15 mins up the Ryvoan track from Glenmore Lodge - can be a very atmospheric place on a gloomy day.

Smelly Fox 08 Oct 2019

The Moray coast always seems to be dry when the mountains are clarted. 

Findhorn bay, Cullen, all very photogenic especially when the weather is moody. Good for sea birds and dolphins if you’re lucky.

Tringa 09 Oct 2019
In reply to Smelly Fox:

Have a look at the walks on the excellent WalkHighlands site.

Every sort of walk from gentle, short, lowland strolls to full days in the mountains, all with descriptions and photos.

Dave

Henry Mayor 09 Oct 2019

Lock Muick - Some deer in the fields at the head of the loch & glas allt shiel half way down.

Glen Cova is to the south and can different weather to north Cairngorms, also the walk to corrie fee is nice, through the woods. (but of a drive though!)

Rothiemurchus forest also has some Highland cattle somewhere close by, Loch an Eilean is also a nice low level walk with an old building/ ruin in the loch. It has hills surrounding and stays clear on a cloudy day (it is what we did!)

Glen Feshie Hostel - Walks around the woods

Loch Garten is lovely, you can see the mountains across the loch from there. There's also an osprey center near there, I assume you'll get some wildlife photos.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...