Buying ZS100 from China

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Robin Woodward 02 Jun 2017
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my Olympus Stylus 1 to a Panasonic Lumix ZS/TZ100/TZ110/TZ101. The TZ100 seems to be £500-550 in the UK whilst you can get the ZS100 from a Chinese import site is around £390. Is this a bad idea? With a 30 day UK returns guarantee I assume I'd have time to check if it was a fake etc. or is this something you might not be able to tell? It comes with 12 months warranty also.

Also, does anyone in the know have any info on whether this camera is about to be upgraded or not (I think it was released about a year ago), or any similar products come out? I only really dip into looking at cameras when I want to buy a new one.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
 gerryneely 02 Jun 2017
In reply to Robin Woodward:
I bought a Canon 6D from digital rev about 4 years ago. I paid around £1200 for it. The uk retail was I think around £500 more. I thought it was a gamble at the time but it went smoothly and the camera is still 100%. It came with a 1 year warranty also which eased my worries somewhat.

I did get a few missed calls afterwards from TNT. They left messages to say they had a query about the parcel they'd delivered. I didn't get back to them. I also remember the delivery note from digital rev didn't reflect the true price of the item I'd bought.

If I buy another camera I'll do the same again.
Post edited at 13:16
In reply to Robin Woodward:

I wouldn't do it. I spend quite a lot of time in China and great looking fakes are everywhere. You can buy a fake Iphone from an entire fake Apple store and even an entire fake BMW 3 series. Which is pretty impressive fakery..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...