Attraverso il Pesce (The Fish) video - Marmolada South Face

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 21 Feb 2017
I keep meaning to write an article on the Marmolada South Face. But for now here's an excellent little video of Federica Mingolla leading what has to be one of the most beautiful routes in the world.

vimeo.com/204263843
cb294 21 Feb 2017
In reply to James Rushforth:

Great video! Reminds you how utterly insane the Auer solo was.

CB
 Oli 21 Feb 2017

That's a cool video. It brought back loads of memories of being there and climbing the Vinatzer-Castiglioni a year or so ago. I'd love to get on the Fish one day; better get training...
OP James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 21 Feb 2017
In reply to cb294:

Yes. I love Honnald and think his achievements are amazing. But for me Auer's solo of the Fish was something special. Such a long and tenuous route.

Messner's finish to the Vinatzer-Castiglioni as well for that matter. A solo ascent into new territory because he couldn't find any partners that day - the mind boggles.
 Alex Riley 21 Feb 2017

Doesn't count without the epic stumble across the glacier in a pair of trainers

Like others have said, Auers solo is seriously impressive/nuts. We had a fair few holds snap off on Don Quixote last summer, would not like to be up there without a rope.

Makes me want to go back soon, if only for the incredible stars.

OP James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 22 Feb 2017
In reply to Alex Riley:

Yes I've spent a few cold nights on the face, but as you say, amazing stars - a really good dark sky area.
 Mick Ward 22 Feb 2017

Enjoyed this - it looks such an iconic route. Was a bit gripped when she came off and went past the belay. Luckily she seemed to be OK.

Mick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...