Astronomy Picture of the Day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Coel Hellier 17 Sep 2018

Thought that climbers might also appreciate this recent Astronomy Picture of the Day:

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap180915.html

irish paul 17 Sep 2018
In reply to Coel Hellier:

The following two days photos are pretty stunning - staggering to imagine these kinds of events occurring!

In reply to irish paul:

That 'black hole necklace' is fairly inspiring. Whenever I read about these kinds of events I'm blown away by the scale of the destructive and creative forces interacting with each other to produce this staggering beauty (and life and death too, no doubt).

How lucky are we to live in a time when we can experience these discoveries. Prehistoric man or even renaissance man must have lived in comparative ignorance to these astounding things up there. A benefit to living in an industrialised world, I suppose.

Flinticus 17 Sep 2018

The description beneath is heady, intoxicating.

Philip 17 Sep 2018

Milky Way, Mars, Galaxy

NASA has really gone down hill since they accepted product placement from the confectionary industry.

Anyway, it's all fake to distract us from the fact the earth is flat.

Dark-Cloud 17 Sep 2018

It’s a nice composition but looks horribly noisy when you zoom in, I have seen better night shots taken by folks in here*

* it’s better than anything I have taken at night

andi turner 17 Sep 2018

A beautiful shot of Europe's highest mountain (sic). The APOD never fails to blow my mind. One day...

Great stuff thanks for posting. 19th Sept pretty amazing too...

subtle 20 Sep 2018

Great site, thanks - another site to bookmark

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...