6d v 6d2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mark s 01 Aug 2017
ive heard a few mention the dr of the 6d2. its not the be all and end all of a camera but online for the price of the 6d2 i could get a 6d with a 24-70 L
would the extra be worth it? i know the 6d is a 5 year old camera now but its still very capable
 MrRiley 02 Aug 2017
In reply to mark s:

I was planning on getting the 6D2 as I made the jump from my old Canon APS-C to FF, but after looking at all the reviews I just wasn't prepared to compromise on sensor performance (surely a key point of going FF). I also considered the 6D1, but even though it looked to be a great camera for its day I was keen to get more modern sensor and auto-focus tech.

Are you invested in Ef mount lenses already? If not you could consider the Nikon D750, currently around £1500 at Wex. DPReview suggest its still the best "entry level" full frame you can buy. The sensor and autofocus system are effectively state of the art (at this price point) even 2+ years after release. The DR is very good and it's ISO-invariant.

Cheers,
Dave

OP mark s 06 Aug 2017
In reply to MrRiley:

i think the bad reviews are not a big worry as they seem baseless . lots of good reviews also
i have 2 ef lenses
carlbullock 07 Aug 2017
In reply to mark s:

Personally I would go with a mirrorless system if I had the money i.e. the juji x-t2. dslr's still have their place but mirrorless tends to be the way forward now and lighter too.

If you're certain you want FF dslr then I would go with the original 6d and better glass for the same price, DR isn't so important if you know your camera limits and shoot accordingly. The better lens will make more of a noticeable difference than a few pixels.

I still shoot with a 60d and manage to capture the full DR, it would be easier with a better camera capable of more DR but it's what I'm used to.

When I have the money I'm going for fuji.
 MrRiley 09 Aug 2017
In reply to mark s:

Here's a review with some comparisons to the 6d1, it doesn't appear baseless:

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-6d-mark-ii-review

Adam Long 09 Aug 2017
In reply to mark s:

If you want value buy the older model second hand. No way you'll benefit more from the DR of the II than by putting the money in lenses.

Best bang for your buck in FF is a second hand Sony A7 - mine was £500 and the sensor is excellent. I would never buy a Canon because I think their colour is awful, but that isn't something reviewers tend to worry about.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...