5x4 Film stockists?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dek 05 Feb 2013
It's getting difficult to find big film easily nowadays, any LF users got a decent source of mainly tranny film, reasonably priced, as my stock is dangerously low?
majortom 05 Feb 2013
In reply to dek:

Try silverprint.co.uk - not sure if they're that reasonably priced but they must be one of the few remaining suppliers
 Adam Long 05 Feb 2013
In reply to dek:

In short, no. Velvia 50 is now unavailable and Velvia 100 is pushing £4 a sheet!

The Fuji shop and discountfilmsdirect.co.uk occasionally have deals on short-dated stock, but ebay is your best bet. A few months back a mate and I clubbed together, spent a while scouring ebay, and bought ~700 sheets for ~£2 or less a sheet. By the time my freezer stocks run out I suspect processing may have the same issues.
OP dek 06 Feb 2013
In reply to dek:
Thanks chaps,its expensive! I might have to try out some colour neg for a change.
 Armadillo 06 Feb 2013
In reply to dek:

Ag Photographic are doing Provia 100F at just under £72 for 20 sheets. Just be glad you don't shoot 8x10 - getting on for £300 for 20.

I think I'll stick to black and white...
OP dek 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Armadillo:
I would love to give it a go, seen plenty of photogs in the States shooting 10x8 and bigger......usually dentists, and lawyers though!
Removed User 06 Feb 2013
In reply to dek:

10x8 is quite addictive, especially when you see the results, but man so expensive. I am about to start another 5x4 colour project but I think its going to be beans on toast for a few weeks, at least I can print them to cut down costs.
OP dek 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Removed User:
I would need the patience of a 'Saint' to use 10x8..5x4 is slow enough.
Removed User 06 Feb 2013
In reply to dek: Ag is a good place to deal with btw, very helpful and deliver promptly.
 Tall Clare 06 Feb 2013
> (In reply to Removed Userdek) Ag is a good place to deal with btw, very helpful and deliver promptly.

I'd agree normally, but I was interested to hear the Sheffield Hallam students saying yesterday that delivery times on paper are getting more erratic, which is proving rather stressful for them.
Removed User 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Tall Clare: ah, handy to know. not nice when you've got deadlines.
 Tall Clare 06 Feb 2013

In fairness I'm not sure it's necessarily AG's fault - more just them having to pass on issues that they're having with their suppliers...
Glenn Haworth 09 Feb 2013
In reply to dek: If you're after RVP50 then there are a couple of people selling second hand stock on UKLFPG, have a look at:

http://www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3672
http://www.lf-photo.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3694
OP dek 09 Feb 2013
In reply to Glenn Haworth:
Thanks for that!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...