Why going back to work is a bad idea for many

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 12 May 2020

Interesting analysis of actual outbreaks of the virus. 

Offices seem to be a particularly bad place to be, really best that they don't reopen! 

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the-risks-know-them-avoid-them

Richard Horn 12 May 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

Interesting analysis... I suspect like myself the vast majority of office workers are very much WFH at the moment, and would plan to be for a while yet!

A lot of early transmission we heard about was in Apres Bars in the alps, which makes sense reading the article, tight space, lots of people shouting over each other after a few pints...   

Post edited at 16:17
 Dax H 12 May 2020
In reply to Richard Horn:

> Interesting analysis... I suspect like myself the vast majority of office workers are very much WFH at the moment, and would plan to be for a while yet!

There are z hell of a lot of places where WFH isn't possible. We are very paper based unfortunately.

We worked out what to do though, 1 person per office, it means my office now belongs to our credit controller and our other directors office belongs to the admin assistant but the other director won't be in for a long time anyway, he is on anti rejection meds. The front office will have the finance director and our service manager in it but a quick shuffle puts 3 meters between them and by fitting a magnetic fob lock on the security gate the door can be left open and with the window open too there is an excellent through draft. Should be safe. 

Philb1950 12 May 2020
In reply to Richard Horn:

Why didn’t France, Switzerland, Austria et al follow Italy’s example in all the Alpine resorts and lock down. I guess they’re governments are as incompetent as U.K.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...