Why aren't schools getting these?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marsbar 01 Sep 2020

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53982422  see video half way down.  

If we want schools to open and stay open, why aren't we putting these cleaning and disinfecting machines in schools?  

I'm sure it must be possible to spray more than one person at once, and these days due to security concerns children enter schools through gates anyway.  

Schools aren't able to afford more cleaning staff at the moment so machines that can disinfect class rooms with a fog would be useful.  

Post edited at 10:48
 SAF 01 Sep 2020
In reply to marsbar:

Because we don't have them widely in the nhs yet, a place where we are dealing with very symptomatic and therefore highly infectious people on a regular basis.

Why would you think schools need to be given priority for funding of this level of infection control?

OP marsbar 01 Sep 2020
In reply to SAF:

To keep the r level down and the economy open?

If we disinfect all the children on arrival and before they go home that might stop transmission through communities.  

If nightclubs can afford them, maybe the NHS and schools should be able to as well.  

mik82 01 Sep 2020
In reply to marsbar:

I'm not sure how spraying children with disinfectant is going to significantly alter the exhalation of infective viral particles from their lungs. 

Ciro 01 Sep 2020
In reply to mik82:

> I'm not sure how spraying children with disinfectant is going to significantly alter the exhalation of infective viral particles from their lungs. 

Indeed, better and cheaper to administer the bleach internally.

John Ww 02 Sep 2020
In reply to Ciro:

Or UV light. Don says it works a treat 😂

summo 02 Sep 2020
In reply to marsbar:

The same kids have been on holidays, sitting on packed beaches, they have been eating out, their parents and teachers too.... but it's not safe in school? Then after school they'll likely all be using the same shops and transport etc. 

Andy Hardy 02 Sep 2020
In reply to marsbar:

Ideal D&T projects! 😉

cwarby 02 Sep 2020
In reply to marsbar:

We have a small holiday let in Cromford and had discussions with the cleaner over how best to deal with increased cleaning of stuff you ordinarily wouldn't, e.g the info book. She has a fogger, but we decided against it as I am very unsure of any side effects when dealing with more than just wiping the sink down. What about sleeping in a room that's been fogged, effect on asthma/respiratory conditions? Eyes?

And so I would be really wary of my daughter having this at school; just because you can doesn't mean you should. Children are going through massive hormonal changes; effect??? Can't find anything. Do we cause them more issues than the people we're allegedly saving from them? Dunno. 

I can see the benefits of fogging a classroom at 6pm and try to start from a clean base, is it worth it when they all get on a bus to get there?!

Too many dunno's and I'm not sure I want to play with their health.

mick taylor 03 Sep 2020
In reply to marsbar:

Just found out that my friend teaches in a school in Lancashire and the head has bought a fogger, primarily to quickly clean a classroom if a child displays symptoms ( I think so that if the child is negative they can resume teaching ASAP and not to faff about with deep cleaning companies).

Edit: head has also got hold of testing kits so they can crack on ASAP. Switched on approach I reckon. 

Post edited at 19:29

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...