Where to buy digital movies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Philip 10 Dec 2018

The US have Movies Anywhere the Disney digital locker that means you can buy from most of the big names (Google, Amazon, apple) and link them to stream from any. No sign of this coming to Europe.

I've only rented , but thinking of buying as rental is 4.50 and buying 10.50, so watch it 3 times and it's paid for. I have a Roku and can buy from Amazon or Google.

John2 10 Dec 2018
In reply to Philip:

Well I spent a tenner to stream Goodfellas on Amazon Prime - that's what you have in mind, I think.

OP Philip 10 Dec 2018
In reply to John2:

Maybe you don't care, but what do you expect in say 10 or 20 years in terms of continued access. Maybe Google or Amazon will still be around, but services get cancelled. 

Did you buy HD or SD. I wonder what happens to those options when another 3 or 4 higher definitions above those have been added to the list.

John2 10 Dec 2018
In reply to Philip:

I don't understand why you think that buying a movie from Amazon in the UK is any different in those respects from buying a movie from Disney in the States.

OP Philip 10 Dec 2018
In reply to John2:

You don't buy it from Disney. Disney own the digital locker. You could buy from Amazon and then stream in iTunes. Your "right" to the movie is not tied to the store you buy from.

Think of it as the difference between using a bank of England note in any store, but only being able to use Tesco vouchers in Tesco.

I've gone with Google, only because if such a service does come to the UK I think they are more likely to participate than Amazon.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movies_Anywhere

Post edited at 20:59
OP Philip 10 Dec 2018
In reply to Philip:

After all that, the film I bought, turned out to be crap. Jurassic World 2.

Blue Straggler 11 Dec 2018
In reply to Philip:

> After all that, the film I bought, turned out to be crap. Jurassic World 2.

Oh dear! 3.5/10 from me!

OP Philip 11 Dec 2018
In reply to Blue Straggler:

I only wanted a distraction while writing cards, but managed to do no cards and be disappointed that it was just a silly film.

Note for all villains, when building super hi-tech cages reserve at least 10% to spend on decent locks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...