What new phone?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MikeR 10 Jun 2022

So it turns out that even rugged smartphone can't survive falling off a car roof at 60mph and being run over by several cars. So I'm looking for recommendations for a new smartphone for browsing, the occasional video, and typical phone stuff.

My previous one was an Ulefone Armour 7. I really liked it apart from being really bulky. I'm looking to buy a handset only as the SIM card survived. No particular budget, but the cheaper the better. Otherwise no requirements.

Any recommendations?

In reply to MikeR:

No recommendations as such as I dont know the rugged end of the market and you could always get a tough case.

The last phones Ive bought where I already had a SIM I got from Cash Converters, the high street pawn shop. Not sure if they are national but they'll be equivalents I would think.

You get a 2nd hand 18 month old phone at massively cheap prices compared to new. Think about all those contracts expiring and people wanting the new fancy gadget.

I would also think with the economy as it is, lots of people would have had to sell their expensive phones so you should get loads of options.

I bought a Galaxy S10 for peanuts (relative against buying SIM only) a few years ago and it's still going strong and can do pretty everything my newer S20 can do, which I bought on a contract. I also bought an almost new iPhone for my wife 6 months ago for a quarter of its new price.

Plus you get that warm feeling of reusing 2nd hand tech.

Post edited at 06:53
OP MikeR 11 Jun 2022
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up getting a refurbished galaxy 10e after lots of research last night. Excellent condition and 57% off retail price, bargain!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...