what a start to the day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 subtle 18 Sep 2019

Oh dear.

Youngest child, whilst preparing his breakfast manages to drop his treasured cereal bowl, smashing it into tiny pieces all over the kitchen floor - then proceeds to burst into tears.

I go over to console / cuddle him, whilst doing this oldest boy is in the process of leaving to catch his school bus, he hoists his bag up on to his shoulder, knocking over a 1L carton of apple juice in the process, all over the kitchen worktop, then on to the kitchen floor (although some of it falls in to my shoes cunningly placed there, sigh) so there I am, consoling one boy about a smashed bowl and cereal on kitchen floor, whilst looking on at 1L of apple juice now spilling onto the worktop / floor.

Oldest boy was oblivious to the catastrophe and has now left leaving me wondering which mess to clean up first when my dear lady bedridden wife then decides that she needs her medication brought up to her in bed and starts shouting for me to bring it up to her.

And so the day begins.........

Never mind, at least I have my health, some sanity, and a sense of humour left in tact.

Hope you guys day got off to a better start than mine  

Timmd 18 Sep 2019
In reply to subtle:

Ha ha, and oh dear. The sense of humour is very important. 

If it helps at all, I once cycled to find a house to pick up something, and couldn't find it, then cycled to a friend's to find them out and busy, cycled further to a preplanned BBQ which wasn't happening, randomly lost all the contacts from my mobile phone* which meant I couldn't contact anybody, eventually went to BBQ when it started happening but had a dog snaffle half my burgers which I'd left briefly unattended, and later found I had flat light batteries for the cycle (walk) home. I was rather glad to go to bed.

There's always another day.

*I found my contacts again, they were all saved to my Sim, but my phone had thrown some kind of wobbly. 

Post edited at 16:19
cb294 18 Sep 2019
In reply to subtle:

Try dropping a full bottle of olive oil off the kitchen table, right on its side so that it explodes into thousands of tiny slivers not bigger than a cm in length, spread out evenly in a film of oil across the entire kitchen and dining area floor.

Of course, this can only happen a few mins before a horde of 10 primary school children arrive for my daughter's birthday party.....

CB

profitofdoom 18 Sep 2019
In reply to cb294:

> Try dropping a full bottle of olive oil off the kitchen table, right on its side so that it explodes into thousands of tiny slivers not bigger than a cm in length, spread out evenly in a film of oil across the entire kitchen and dining area floor....

I've done exactly that - onto a stone floor - a huge bottle - a real tough mess 

balmybaldwin 18 Sep 2019
In reply to subtle:

I once dropped a 10 Litre tub of double cream at the start of lunch service in the restaurant kitchen I worked in.

It's worth not discovering how hard cream is to clean up. Especially when the restaurant is booked out and you are getting abuse from an angry chef!

aln 18 Sep 2019
In reply to subtle:

I was given a hire (taxi), outside my local area but coming back to it, at 6.30am. Decent job, shouldn't take too long and paid fairly well. Despite the address not existing on sat nav and having a bit of a runaround I found it in time for the 7am booking. At 7.05 the customer came out, told me she didn't need my services any more, asked me to sort it out and disappeared back into the block of flats. By the time I got back I'd wasted 45 minutes of my time, wasted diesel, been paid nothing and missed the chance of other jobs I might actually have been paid for. Not a good start to my shift.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...