Weird Amazon product price on Google

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 06 Feb 2021

Something just happened that I’ve never seen before - searching for a particular toy for a child’s birthday, it’s £45 at John Lewis, about £50-£60 elsewhere. Then at the top of the Google shopping bit it lists an Amazon link saying £36 was £50 (it says this on Google) - when you click through to Amazon it’s all legit there it is and I’ve ordered it. However - if you searched Amazon for the same toy on either the website or in the app - it was £72 not £36 and no matter where I looked in the buying options etc it was always £72 or more, you couldn’t find the page that had that product at £36 that I got lead to from Google?!?!

anyone ever seen this before or know why it’s happened? My main thought is - should I be searching Google now for everything I want off Amazon in case there’s a cheaper link??? Confusing.  

Philip 06 Feb 2021
In reply to elliot.baker:

Is it £72 from Amazon and £36 from another shop via Amazon marketplace?

Amazon shows you their price when you search in Amazon, and then a "this might be available for a lower price from another supplier" or similar words. But maybe Google finds the cheapest.

webbo 06 Feb 2021

I ordered something off ebay, a telescope accessory kit and it turned up in a box with Amazon prime tape all over it.

No idea how or why.

jkarran 06 Feb 2021

I've had the opposite experience, great prices shown in Google shopping results for Amazon that suddenly shoot up as you click through the link to buy. Computer bits are up and down daily in price for some reason, I think the Google results just end up out of sync more often than not.

Jk

Maggot 06 Feb 2021
In reply to webbo:

> I ordered something off ebay, a telescope accessory kit and it turned up in a box with Amazon prime tape all over it.

> No idea how or why.

I had something similar many years ago, bought a CD or DVD off some ebay jobbie.
Arrived wrapped in HMV packaging direct from somewhere like Guernsey.
Ebay seller is obviously being a shop front, as it were.

Maybe it was the last one from a market place seller at that price?

Last year I experienced what I assume was that. An item came up on a general search at a lower than normal price for something I had been looking for so bought it. For some reason just minutes later, can’t remember why now, I wanted to check something on the listing and couldn’t find the listing. Not even with using a stored link from the browser history (came up with page not found).

If I clicked on the item in the order page it linked to another page selling same item, but at usual prices, and not the original listing.

Anyway, item arrived in due course, and so I just assumed that when the last one of the item from that seller was purchased the whole listing automatically just disappears from the whole site.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...