Wedding Reception Rules - England

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 17 Apr 2021

I'm struggling to work out what the rules are for wedding receptions in England under government guidance (from next stage of roadmap reopening in May).

From what i can see, receptions will be allowed with up to 30 people but this s should be in the form of a sit down meal. 

But what does this mean for social distancing? If you had 15 couples in attendance, would you need 15 tables 2m apart?

Does everyone have to stay seated at all times (other than going to the loo)?

Is the meal the only part of the reception that is allowed?

Our venue doesn't normally do this kind of thing and is struggling to get the guidance on what will need to happen from the local council covid officer.

Any experience or links to more specific guidance would be welcomed!

Jenny C 17 Apr 2021
In reply to James Malloch:

We got married in September. Rules allowed 30 guests, but the venue decided to only allow 10 all sat individually on socially distanced preplaced chairs - this was horrid, socially distancing per household is fine but separating out household units doesn't make any sense especially at an emotional time.

Given the small numbers we didn't book a formal reception, but simply a meal with two tables of 6 and yes there it was totally fine to sit at a table shoulder to shoulder with a stranger.

Just visited the governments website and I would assume that the rules will be similar to those for normal hospitality, but with allowing 30 at the event. So six people (or two households) per table, with each table spaced appropriately from its neighbour.

Logically then the risk is no higher than going to a normal restaurant, although personally when doing the seating plan I'd probably try to sit shielders and elderly all together, away from other guests who are more likely to be carrying the infection.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...