Weather watch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mick taylor 20 Jan 2021

Wigan: stopped raining, but now snowing!  Crazy. Local flooding, nothing too serious. 

Dave the Rave 20 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Same here. Big thick flakes and an inch thick and settling. 

Ceiriog Chris 20 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Bonkers I know, same here in NE Wales, was pouring down earlier, I just looked up and noticed a white velux window so looked outside and already about 4 inches thick of snow !

tingle 20 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Straight p-ing it down in WY

Dax H 20 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Bouncing it down in Leeds and has been for a few days now. Once again I'm pleased I live at the top of a hill.

Been to gool they  York and out to whitby today and from what I saw the rivers are either close to bursting or have come over the banks, the irony is the first job today was replacing a machine that got flooded in November 2019 and it might need replacing again next week. 

Rick51 20 Jan 2021

Snowing hard in Stretford after heavy rain all day. The news says they've started evacuating people living by the Mersey in Didsbury.

mick taylor 20 Jan 2021
In reply to Rick51:

Not surprised, saw it in the news. Still snowing hard top end of Wigan. It was only forecast sleet so could end up with a fair bit at this rate. 

Stichtplate 20 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Been negotiating standing water and road closures all day, now we’ve got about 3 inches settled. The pup was loving it earlier

Post edited at 22:20

mick taylor 20 Jan 2021
In reply to Stichtplate:

Cool. 

wintertree 20 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

Big flakes falling on the eastern edge of north Pennines now.

bouldery bits 21 Jan 2021
In reply to Stichtplate:

> Been negotiating standing water and road closures all day, now we’ve got about 3 inches settled. The pup was loving it earlier

More of these posts!!

Just wet, windy and chilly down here in the 'shire.

graeme jackson 21 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

> Wigan: stopped raining, but now snowing!  Crazy. 

You're in Wigan not the Sahara. How can Snowing in the middle of winter be considered Crazy?  

Removed User 21 Jan 2021
In reply to graeme jackson:

Why not ship some down south my dogs and I are looking forward to some PLEASE!!!!

Armadillo 21 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

South Wales - heavy hailstorm around 6am, currently glorious sunshine (interspersed with heavy downpours )

Dave Garnett 21 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

We have a couple of inches of snow here on Ipstones Edge and it all looks pretty white over towards the Roaches.

mick taylor 21 Jan 2021
In reply to graeme jackson:

1.  Coz it does not snow very often these days

2.  It wasn't even cold

3.  It was just a word to describe the madness of yesterdays weather, it was bonkers.  Some bad flooding near my work, but all OK.

Sean Kelly 21 Jan 2021
In reply to mick taylor:

The BMC offices in West Didsbury are vulnerable with all this flooding. Anyone heard any news or are they all working from home?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...