Weather sites?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 13 Sep 2022

I would appreciate any good weather sites that I can use, hopefully with weather charts, synoptic charts where I can see a few days in advance and work out where the weather is coming from and going to.

I want to see where the clouds are and where they are going.

I like AccuWeather for on the day as it gives hour by hour.

midgen 13 Sep 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

windy.com

Naechi 13 Sep 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

https://www.wetterzentrale.de/

All the clouds

mrphilipoldham 13 Sep 2022
In reply to midgen:

Second windy, it’s brilliant.

SFM 13 Sep 2022
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

Thirded. The radar feature on the app is brilliant. Probably one of the more accurate sites I’ve used. 

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 13 Sep 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

https://www.weatherandradar.co.uk

My personal fav of the few I check,

Chris

OP The Lemming 14 Sep 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

To everybody

Cheers

ianstevens 14 Sep 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

For the UK just use the Met Office - has everything you need and the model is optimised for the region at hand. If you want more detail, Metoblue have a nice summary of all the big models which is relatively easy to read/interpret.

dread-i 14 Sep 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

https://darksky.net/

With so many to choose from, I reckon we could do a science experiment.

Check all sites mentioned at the same time and see if they match conditions outside and for the rest of the day.

I suspect that they will be taking the base weather data from a handful of sources, and then applying their own interpretation to it.

dread-i 14 Sep 2022
In reply to dread-i:

Using the 4 listed the max temp here is: 16,17,18. Most agree the low is 8, netweather says 13.

They all seem to have some variation of light clouds with some sun, which is about right.

For tomorrow, they all say dry apart from weather online which has sun/cloud and light rain for tomorrow morning.

OP The Lemming 14 Sep 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

You have all gone up in my estimation, you never dropped really, for not even hinting at the BBC Weather.

It's so negative and always leans towards doom, gloom and disaster for anything other than Scorchio.

In reply to The Lemming:

Here's the process:

Check yr.no and xcweather. Do they agree?

Yes -> that's the weather

No -> check netweather and a couple others. Was yr just being miserable like always but the others kinda agree?

yes -> that's the weather

no -> roll your sleeves up and get deep into mwis and the weatheronline expert charts linked above to understand the full picture. But to be honest if it's come to this just pack suncream and waterproofs.

john arran 14 Sep 2022
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

... or just look at the Compare page of Windy.com and get pretty much all of that info at a glance on the same page.

Mike-W-99 14 Sep 2022
In reply to The Lemming:

> You have all gone up in my estimation, you never dropped really, for not even hinting at the BBC Weather.

> It's so negative and always leans towards doom, gloom and disaster for anything other than Scorchio.

I thought that was the job of MWIS?

nathan79 14 Sep 2022
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Yr used to be one of my first go-to's until it got it wrong, wildly wrong. It's now below reading tea leaves on my trusted forecast list.

In reply to nathan79:

> Yr used to be one of my first go-to's until it got it wrong, wildly wrong. It's now below reading tea leaves on my trusted forecast list.

Yeah it sucks. But if it agrees with the others then it's usually a sign that they're right.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...